Korg Arp 2600 Arrival Date

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

JeremyIsADeadHead
Learning to Wiggle

Korg Arp 2600 Arrival Date

Post by JeremyIsADeadHead » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:20 pm

Has anyone gotten their ARP 2600 from korg yet?
My dealer said it should be here by late February, but doesn’t have an exact date.
Last edited by JeremyIsADeadHead on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Arp 2600

Post by KSS » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:38 am

Could you change the topic to something like "Korg ARP2600 delivery?" ?
Thank you.

Only ones I've seen arrived so far have been n Japan. Dealer reported arrival dates have been all over the calendar, From Late Jan to Late May. Even some of the earliest buyers have reported having their arrival date pushed back as far as May.

nickbaba
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Korg Arp 2600 Arrival Date

Post by nickbaba » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:42 pm

I'm in the UK and just got an email from Gear4Music saying they will delivery my 2600 this week btwn Tues & Thurs.. No idea if this is correct as I thought the new 2600s weren't expected until May... will let you know if mine arrives this week!! :omg:

thispoison
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thispoison » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:49 am

Great news - hope it shows up this week.

Nothing from Andertons yet :despair:
Where have I seen you before?
Same place you saw me, I expect.
I've got a good face for memories.

https://soundcloud.com/thispoison-1

martimous
Common Wiggler

Post by martimous » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:56 pm

I would be happy if the vendor would be able to tell me if I am for sure *getting* one or not, let alone when it's due to be shipped/delivered. For reasons I don't quite understand, ones position on the "list of people that will be receiving one" is still a closely guarded secret.
One vendor I know of is charging full price to credit cards *now*, although they still cannot tell the customer whether they will be receiving one or not.

thispoison
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thispoison » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:35 pm

I was charged in full the day I ordered. No issues with waiting, but quite a few if it turns out that I don't get one!

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:33 pm

martimous wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:56 pm
I would be happy if the vendor would be able to tell me if I am for sure *getting* one or not, let alone when it's due to be shipped/delivered. For reasons I don't quite understand, ones position on the "list of people that will be receiving one" is still a closely guarded secret.
One vendor I know of is charging full price to credit cards *now*, although they still cannot tell the customer whether they will be receiving one or not.
That is a really sketchy business practice – who was it?

nickbaba
Veteran Wiggler

Post by nickbaba » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 pm

heh heh well looks like I spoke too soon!

"We would like to inform you that the anticipated delivery date of your order has changed.
We will deliver your order as soon as possible, please contact us for more information.
Please accept our apologies for this delay, which has occurred due to unforeseen circumstances.This is most often caused when a product does not arrive with us on the day we were expecting."

Ouch! And they just got me all excited saying it was going to be here tomorrow. Hope this is not going to be a repeating pattern from now on...

beyourdog
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by beyourdog » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:31 am

nickbaba wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 pm
heh heh well looks like I spoke too soon!

"We would like to inform you that the anticipated delivery date of your order has changed.
We will deliver your order as soon as possible, please contact us for more information.
Please accept our apologies for this delay, which has occurred due to unforeseen circumstances.This is most often caused when a product does not arrive with us on the day we were expecting."

Ouch! And they just got me all excited saying it was going to be here tomorrow. Hope this is not going to be a repeating pattern from now on...
Not sure the virus is helping much the supply chain either...

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:39 am

I chased mine up - Kenny's Music ( UK) ;

"We were initially told February, and haven't heard anything otherwise, so they should hopefully be in very soon. as soon as they arrive with us we will let you know and get them shipped to you as soon as possible."

sufficiently vague :hihi:

martimous
Common Wiggler

Post by martimous » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 am

Sir Ruff wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:33 pm
martimous wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:56 pm
Sam Ash.

sssaaammm
1-Post Wiggler

Post by sssaaammm » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 am

Received an e-mail last night that my 2600 order from musician's friend was cancelled. I just talked to the customer service rep who informed me that all of their orders were being cancelled since Korg has cancelled all of their deliveries. A bit disappointing.

(BTW, this is my first post. Hello everyone!)

UPDATE: After seeing northerntao's post about the 2600 still being listed on musician's friend's website [1], I called customer service back and this time the rep told me that my order had been cancelled because of some rule/regulation (in the US) that requires the seller to contact the buyer periodically regarding pre-ordered items to make sure that they still want the item, and apparently they had neglected to make that contact. So this time the rep was able to undo the cancellation and reinstate my order. There was no mention about Korg not delivering the synths, and I don't know why the rep that I talked to this morning told me that this was the case.

I can't imagine that I was the only one who had their pre-order mysteriously cancelled, and I kind of wonder if the fact that the musiciansfriend website is now listing the 2600 as available for pre-order is a result of a number of other customers having their orders cancelled thus freeing up some of their inventory/allocation.

If you pre-ordered and are in the US (or maybe even if you pre-ordered from a store in the US) and have not received any contact from your dealer, I'd suggest that you reach out.

[1] https://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboar ... zer-system
Last edited by sssaaammm on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winn3r
Learning to Wiggle

Post by winn3r » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:21 am

sssaaammm wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 am
I just talked to the customer service rep who informed me that all of their orders were being cancelled since Korg has cancelled all of their deliveries. A bit disappointing.
:woah: :woah:

Leviathant
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Leviathant » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:42 pm

martimous wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 am
Sir Ruff wrote:
Sam Ash.
I'm a little bit surprised that a company that's been in the business that long is charging on order rather than on fulfillment, and also very much not surprised, given their terrible choices around ecommerce technology - and that's all I'll say about that.

On the bright side, it's a big enough name that you can rest assured they're not going to disappear with your money.
New album Accelerationist available at Bandcamp.
DSI Tempest | Moog Sub 37 | DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard | SH-01A | JP-08 | Sound Workshop 1280b | etc

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by estin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:59 pm

The most recent comments are disturbing, just some of the many reasons I never pre-order anything. Not in stock? No order. Really sorry for those who were told one thing and are now being disappointed.

martimous
Common Wiggler

Post by martimous » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Leviathant wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:42 pm
martimous wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:
Sam Ash.
I'm a little bit surprised that a company that's been in the business that long is charging on order rather than on fulfillment, and also very much not surprised, given their terrible choices around ecommerce technology - and that's all I'll say about that.

On the bright side, it's a big enough name that you can rest assured they're not going to disappear with your money.
I would feel better about the whole thing if I could get reliable information, and a confirmed ship date. The rep that I'm talking to is super-evasive, and the customer service manager just says he has to rely on the rep for info from Korg. I'm about ready to cancel and be done with the whole thing.

thispoison
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thispoison » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:13 pm

Not going to cancel for sure, but it all feels a bit vague.

northerntao
Learning to Wiggle

Post by northerntao » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:29 pm

I ordered mine from Sweetwater, but I haven't been charged yet. My rep told me early March after I ordered, but I haven't followed up. I ordered mine at 12:45AM Eastern time on the day it was available.

Musician's Friend now says 4/25/20 and still has a reserve option. Seems strange they would cancel orders yet still take reservations.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboar ... zer-system

northerntao
Learning to Wiggle

Post by northerntao » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:32 pm

There is a guy from Romania who apparently has one - he's been posting videos in the Korg Arp 2600 group in Facebook.

JeremyIsADeadHead
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JeremyIsADeadHead » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:16 pm

My guy is inquiring about my arrival date. I got mine from a Chicago Music Store who formally works with korg. He said they only got 4 ARP 2600’s, but he hasn’t heard of any cancellations.

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Leviathant wrote:
martimous wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:
Sam Ash.

Right, but in the interim, they are making some serious buck off the interest of your payment. They can then refund you if need but get to keep the change. Guessing that's what the ploy is.

Synth Con Meo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Synth Con Meo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Well crap on me! So I kind of waited too long to do a pre-order when it first was available. I got on a couple of waiting lists, but then it came up on pre-order availability on zZounds site. So I pre-ordered there. A few days later I got a canceled email stating that it is no longer available. Screw me! Ended up getting on another waiting list after that.

Saw the recent post above about Musicians Friends having it on pre-order now. Checked it out and sure enough it was there. Did a little chat on the chat window and was told that there were 5 left. Decided to check out GC web site since MF owns them and I have a GC Gear Card and they have it on pre-order. Cool, hit add to cart, went and added my GC Cart info in hit submit and said that there was an error getting my card information.

Thought maybe I typed the card number in wrong so went back and retyped it. Got the same error message. All the sudden the webpage rolled back and said that item was removed from cart due to the fact that item is unavailable. F! ME! :bang:
Synth Con Meo
<RIP> Kibou, I miss you.

TheDegenerateElite
Veteran Wiggler

Post by TheDegenerateElite » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:52 pm

Mine is still locked in, haven't been billed yet, and it's still slated for mid-March. People love to talk shit about Sweetwater, but at least they don't do the dumb shit I see in this thread.

beyourdog
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by beyourdog » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:57 am

A bloke seems to have received his in Autralia already...first batch received there this week...

blw
Common Wiggler

Post by blw » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:32 am

Say Sam Ash got 50 units and took prepaid preorders for $4300. $215000 extra in their accounts. Yay! But interest rates are so low, and those funds need to remain fluid. So, their bank account yields 1.xx% interest or a money market account gets around 2%. On the high end, that's $358 a month. I'd guess Sam Ash doesn't care too much about that. Even if you think they are getting 10% interest from some investment, I still don't think the $1500/month yield is enough money to seem like a strategy.

PayPal holding your funds for 2-3 days in the old days or 1 day now . . . that must be a pile of money. This seems too small, though.
Sir Ruff wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:29 pm
Leviathant wrote:
martimous wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:
Sam Ash.

Right, but in the interim, they are making some serious buck off the interest of your payment. They can then refund you if need but get to keep the change. Guessing that's what the ploy is.

Return to “General Gear”