The Elektron Model:Cycles Thread

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

jdaddyaz
Wiggling with Experience

Re: The Elektron Model:Cycles Thread

Post by jdaddyaz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:15 am

You won't regret it. Absolute must for the price. Cycles plus the new Dreadbox synth would make a really nice portable setup.
Be good to yourself, and be good to others.

Liddlepud
Awfully Common Wiggler

Post by Liddlepud » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:25 am

wuff_miggler wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:00 am
sure you're using the modular on that sc example? Sounds like music to me :P Really great job!
Thanks, I start out trying to make stuff that sounds more "modular" but I keep repatching until it sounds more melodic and structured. I'll try harder next time not to try harder :hihi:

Liddlepud
Awfully Common Wiggler

Post by Liddlepud » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:46 am

Gribs wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 am
I decided to pull the trigger on one of these. I was trying not to, but then they came back into stock at Perfect Circuit and we cancelled a fairly expensive summer vacation to avoid people.
I did try and pull that one but the money we'd put aside for our summer vacation has been spent on a coup and 6 chickens. I sold my Microwave XT and bought the Cycles, perhaps I can use the money left to buy a Typhon, or more chickens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

booger
Ultra Wiggler

Post by booger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:26 am

Liddlepud wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:46 am
Gribs wrote:
I decided to pull the trigger on one of these. I was trying not to, but then they came back into stock at Perfect Circuit and we cancelled a fairly expensive summer vacation to avoid people.
I did try and pull that one but the money we'd put aside for our summer vacation has been spent on a coup and 6 chickens. I sold my Microwave XT and bought the Cycles, perhaps I can use the money left to buy a Typhon, or more chickens.
Chickens might actually be more entertaining than synthesizers IMO.

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 am

booger wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:26 am
Liddlepud wrote:
Gribs wrote:
most definitely at times. they're hilarious to watch scratching around the yard, especially once you've had them for a bit and learn their pecking order, or know who's getting broody because they're running around screaming for no reason.

electricfence
Wiggling with Experience

Post by electricfence » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 am

dooj88 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 am
booger wrote:
Liddlepud wrote:
Gribs wrote:
most definitely at times. they're hilarious to watch scratching around the yard, especially once you've had them for a bit and learn their pecking order, or know who's getting broody because they're running around screaming for no reason.
But do chickens have polyphonic aftertouch? If not, it's a dealbreaker for me.

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 am

electricfence wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:21 am
dooj88 wrote:
booger wrote:
Liddlepud wrote:
Gribs wrote:
But do chickens have polyphonic aftertouch? If not, it's a dealbreaker for me.
why yes, in fact.. and the best thing about it is you can assign them to any duty: scrambled eggs, cakes, omelettes, hard boiled.. even feedback loops when the girls eat eggshells as calcium supplements!

Liddlepud
Awfully Common Wiggler

Post by Liddlepud » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:06 am

dooj88 wrote:
booger wrote:
Liddlepud wrote:
Gribs wrote:
We’ve put two hammocks up in the trees next to the run and spend most evenings up there watching them scratch about. One of them is broody at the moment, even though we’ve not got a cockerel, and we have to lift her out of the coop a couple of times a day and feed her. They are hilarious at times although don’t go in there with crocs, they thought my toes were worms and tried to peck them.

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 am

Liddlepud wrote:
Gribs wrote:
My cousin’s wife just got a couple of chicks a while ago and now has junior chickens. They are already starting to scratch out little places to nestle down as if making a nest. They bonded to her and are her buddies. My mentor at work has five acres in the sticks East of Milpitas (Bay Area). She thinks she has about a hundred chickens but is not sure of the exact number at any given time. She also has peacocks, ducks, and some other farm animals including a sheep that wandered up to her fence and she let in. I think she tried to find the owners but nobody recognizes it or wants it or something.
----------------------------------------

AdamJay
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by AdamJay » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Made this about a month ago using the Cyclical MC Patch Pack

https://soundcloud.com/inoperabledata/m ... s8Jf0APyff

Model Cycles drums and fm clang hook.
A4 for string pad only.
Alesis Micro Limiter.
Nothing fancy, just a draft I may use live or develop into more some day.

Shrigg
Common Wiggler

Post by Shrigg » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:50 pm

wildfrontiers wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:16 pm
I wonder if we'll see an update where we'll get access to some of the deeper FM stuff. Maybe through an editor. Since it's FM, it should be capable of most of the same sounds Digitone could do (depending on the algo). If we got access to internal FM envelopes, ratios, and the like, that would be pretty awesome.
These are great points. Waiting for firmware updates can be nerve-racking... I remember the Digitakt firmware rollercoaster ride. Has anyone written or discovered a model:cycles patch editor?
Oberheim Xpander w/ Oddernmart Xpander Xpansion / Octatrack / Digitakt / virus ti2 desktop / TT-303 mk.2 / TT-606 / Nord Lead 12 voice expanded / Emax II rack / blofeld keys / micromonsta / little phatty stage 2 [for sale] / moxf8 / minilogue / bs2 / OP-1 / organelle / pocket piano / axoloti + push / mfb-522 / circuit / volca sample

Return to “General Gear”