Dark Time firmware download

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

chem101
Learning to Wiggle

Dark Time firmware download

Post by chem101 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:24 pm

Not sure if I'm missing something, bad at deciphering German to English translations, or if it really is that you have to email Doepfer for the latest firmware, but I can't find the actual hex file (darktime_V1.20b_fw_c_130724 ) anywhere on the internet. Their website says you have to email them to get the file. What is the purpose behind such a restriction? I should really just be able to download it, like pretty much any other firmware.

Does anyone else love/hate this sequencer? I feel like I'm right on the verge of letting it go, but I just built new controller case that is centered around it. I have had it for around 6 months and I just don't seem to be connecting with it. I don't like the fact that you can't set the gate lengths per step without switching to 8 steps. I also can't get the thing to rest on any step. When I flip a step switch to 'skip' it will just play the lowest pitch CV instead of playing nothing. Hoping the firmware update fixes it, but if not it's "time" to move on...

Return to “General Gear”