Blofeld defaulting to INIT patch when controling it from software

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

plytheman
Learning to Wiggle

Blofeld defaulting to INIT patch when controling it from software

Post by plytheman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:49 pm

On a mission of pure stupidity I've been trying to get MadTracker 2 running on a Windows XP box to sequence my synths. I've managed to sort out the MIDI routing and get around some crashes with my sound card which is exciting, but whenever I start entering notes for the Blofeld in the tracker it resets to the INIT patch. I'll accept the answer of "use Renoise or literally anything more modern" but figured on the chance that there's a setting buried in the Blofeld to address this I'd ask.

I'm assuming one of the parameters from the tracker is changing the patch, but looking at the Blofeld manual I'm not sure which CC would do that. 0 is listed as 'Bank Select MSB' but it also says - not used - in the Controler Range. Also, I'm not sure what MSB means...

Edit: Seems like everytime I hit Play on MadTracker it resets Blofeld to the INIT. If I change the patch while the pattern is playing it stays there until I stop and restart MadTracker.

plytheman
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Blofeld defaulting to INIT patch when controling it from software

Post by plytheman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:22 pm

Solved! Figured out I could block patch changes going into the Blofeld on my MOTU. Doesn't explain any of why it was happening in the first place but at least it's behaving now.

Seems like 6 tracks of MIDI is more than this old box can handle... or MadTracker. The clock is struggling!

Miramoya
1-Post Wiggler

Re: Blofeld defaulting to INIT patch when controling it from software

Post by Miramoya » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:07 am

It’s probably because it is set to receive program changes. I found ableton automatically sent program changes when I had a blofeld.

Return to “General Gear”