micromonsta 2 questions + discussion

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

oisin
Veteran Wiggler

micromonsta 2 questions + discussion

Post by oisin » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 am

hi all - since i havent found any other user groups or forums for this i thought id start a thread.

im having alot of fun with my micromonsta 2 but have a few questions - maybe people who have used the v1 (which i did not) could help out here too. .

navigating through sections - when selecting the ENV section, for example it always returns to the last page accessed rather than the top page which is bit impractical in my opinion (i usually want to make changes to ADSR1) .. is there a way to change this heirarchy? or does this make sense and im missing something?

tips on thickening up sounds - i started messing with PANSPRD + DETUNING in the VOICE section which is great. . any other tips?

bmot
Ultra Wiggler

Re: micromonsta 2 questions + discussion

Post by bmot » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:24 am

I am seriously thinking about getting a v2 MM, so can only suggest a tip based on the v1 which I had until recently. And to be honest it’s applicable to any polysynth with LFOs. Point a few different speed and depth LFOs at the pitch and/or fine tune, and use the envelope on pitch too, so that over time there are strange wobbly things going on. Usually best with a very long odd chord, and using depth very subtly.

As for the last page setting, maybe suggest a change to audiothingies for the next update, it didn’t do this with v1. It sounds like it should be a setting in Global. The v1. got some really big improvements through a few updates, including a drone mode (in v2 also?) and MPTE support.

I know they are different instruments, but I’d be really interested to hear comparisons from anyone with experience of both v1 and v2

oisin
Veteran Wiggler

Post by oisin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:23 am

thanks for that LFO tip. forgot about that one. . and slowly getting used to the mod matrix.

another strange thing is sorting out program changes from software - the preset numbers dont seem to match program changes numbers (for user presets)

i just noticed there is a new firmware from last week which might be interesting for some

oozitron
solder fume huffer

Post by oozitron » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:51 am

I am surprised at the lack of activity on this post... the MMv2 looks like an amazing little machine! It's at the top of my list to purchase.

From the docs, the output is stereo. So it it pretty easy to route things to the left or right? If you're using it as two six voice synths on two MIDI channels you can route synth A to hard left and synth B to hard right?

It also appears that the LFOs and the Delay have no connection to MIDI clock (sync-wise)? I wonder if that might happen in the future...

I tried to add my email on the audiothingies website (to get updates) but it didn't seem to work. Any hints on that? I don't want to miss out on the next batch!
Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 pm

The MM1 was a great synth and quite popular in the MPE community. Had one as well and it was super easy to set up with my Linnstrument. I then sold it in anticipation of the MM2, which now turned out not to support MPE anymore :sadbanana: They might add this in the future though, so I’m keeping an eye on it.

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:00 pm

This and the new Preen FM are the top of my wanted list now. Watching this thread and hope to contribute some day soon. :-)

DonovanDwyer
Common Wiggler

Post by DonovanDwyer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:35 am

mckenic wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:00 pm
This and the new Preen FM are the top of my wanted list now. Watching this thread and hope to contribute some day soon. :-)
I keep going between these as well.

oisin
Veteran Wiggler

Post by oisin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:32 am

oozitron wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:51 am

I tried to add my email on the audiothingies website (to get updates) but it didn't seem to work. Any hints on that? I don't want to miss out on the next batch!
maybe write samuel through the website - he has replied to me quickly when ive written and im sure he'd be happy to put you on the list. .

new firmware out (1.04) !

ARP_EG
1-Post Wiggler

Post by ARP_EG » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:28 am

I whipped up a little patch randomizer in max if anyone is looking for extra inspiration with this cool little monster https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6 ... randomizer

oisin
Veteran Wiggler

Post by oisin » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:56 am

ARP_EG wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:28 am
I whipped up a little patch randomizer in max if anyone is looking for extra inspiration with this cool little monster https://maxforlive.com/library/device/6 ... randomizer
great idea! thanks

multimas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by multimas » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:35 am

Got one today, there was a small batch available on the site.

ritchiedrums
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ritchiedrums » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:38 pm

I have a micromonsta v1

It appears to be ignoring midi channel 1 in MPE mode.
My Sensel is working fine with other synths.

Can someone confirm that a micromonsta v1
Responds to cc messages when using MPE.
It is working fine in standard midi mode.

Thanx!

Return to “General Gear”