What new booty did you buy?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
Jason Brock
just visiting
Posts: 4190
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:32 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Jason Brock » Wed May 13, 2020 4:14 pm

mmp wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:42 pm
A 2600 showed up at my local small town dealer. I made a rash decision. Pick it up tomorrow.
Image

User avatar
bitflip
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: in the series of tubes

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by bitflip » Wed May 13, 2020 4:22 pm

mmp wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:42 pm
A 2600 showed up at my local small town dealer. I made a rash decision. Pick it up tomorrow.
A sound judgment! :yay: :75:

User avatar
gslug
Common Wiggler
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by gslug » Wed May 13, 2020 7:03 pm

mmp wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:42 pm
A 2600 showed up at my local small town dealer. I made a rash decision. Pick it up tomorrow.
A sensible decision! :sb:
One day I'll get an avatar!

User avatar
pmboos
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 11:34 am
Location: Falls Church, VA
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by pmboos » Wed May 13, 2020 7:23 pm

mmp wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:42 pm

A 2600 showed up at my local small town dealer. I made a rash decision. Pick it up tomorrow.
Glad I am not so tempted (we're still in lockdown).
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

User avatar
mmp
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: Northeast USA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by mmp » Wed May 13, 2020 7:26 pm

The store is closed except for curbside pickup. I can do that!

User avatar
pmboos
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 11:34 am
Location: Falls Church, VA
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by pmboos » Thu May 14, 2020 12:14 pm

mmp wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:26 pm
The store is closed except for curbside pickup. I can do that!
:tu:
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

User avatar
mmp
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: Northeast USA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by mmp » Thu May 14, 2020 2:13 pm

99BC6C95-9E3C-4906-9584-80E2FD54FC24.jpeg
It's home. Damn nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

freakynorth
Common Wiggler
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:59 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by freakynorth » Fri May 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Toowoombaus wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Yeah I think I sold mine in 2014 right before the price skyrocketed, but since I traded a guy a Quadraverb I only have about $350 into it and I used it for 25 years.
So, yeah maybe I should’ve kept it but I had no idea the price was about to Shoot up so high... oh well I made the best choice I could at the time and I don’t really regret it. You might feel the same way in 25 years :hihi:

I got rid of it because I was going crazy On a boutique tube guitar amplifier odyssey that lasted about four years and I thought “I’ve used this thing and used it and used it and I don’t use it anymore, so I thought what the heck, it’s only a delay unit...” and I have a few other vintage delays that I was going to keep so I got rid of it and a bunch other old gear from my studio and bought vintage and boutique hand wired tube amplifiers for my guitars. So I learned a lot about what I like and don’t like about all the different flavors of guitar amplifiers and I still have most of those.

The plug in doesn’t really come close maybe the long delays Kinda do but not the flanging chorusing no way.

Your Ekdahl Polygamist seems like a pretty rare unit I watched some videos on it I can imagine it must be a lot of fun!

If you ever look up pictures of Eddie Van Halen in his studio you can see one mounted in the rack there’s a few floating around on the Internet.
Yeah he had a snapshot of him and Valerie on their wedding day a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels shoved in the side space it was an oversized rack and I remember I think two lexicon PCM 42s, I might be mistaken on that but for sure he had a Prime Time 93 those things are completely original looking with all those multicolored knobs and sliders and… Yeah that was about 1980 so like Women and Children First or Fair Warning period.
Have fun and see if you can re-create the Steve Stevens “Ray Gun“ effect.
Oh man, nobody really knows if a piece of gear will skyrocket!
There’s still deals here and there I’ve seen. But they go QUICK.
I also went on a tube guitar amp odyssey,
Glad I’m out of that.
My 1968 Fender drip-edge silverface champ is the last guitar amp I’ll ever own. I don’t need any anything else. Haha!
I had about as much 70’s Hiwatt gear that the who did on stage at one point.. when I finally clued in I knew it was over the top.
I’m fairly content with where I’m
At these days!

I’ve never used plug ins before, mostly because I don’t have a computer right now but I won’t shoot them down. I’d give them a go! Even though I know I like the hands on approach better.

The Polygamist is rare, and man oh man.. was it ever hard to get someone to sell one! Danny P sold me his. Took me over a year??? To convince him. I play it every single day. It’s incredible.

I’ll definitely have to give a look into the EVH prime time 93 situation, that is bonkers!

User avatar
Jim the Oldbie
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 537
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:16 am
Location: Midwest USA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Jim the Oldbie » Sun May 17, 2020 4:52 am

A familiar irony of our current situation is that many of us are catching up on stuff we've been putting off for ages. For one personal example, it's been an opportunity for me to level up on my SMD skills. I've now reached a point where I actually enjoy the challenge of building SMD stuff; what used to be an intimidating ordeal is now a rewarding, almost therapeutic experience.

Having successfully completed a few somewhat SMD-busy module builds, I started looking around for a more challenging but still useful SMD project. I did a search for "diy poly synth," and after examining and passing on some of the really ambitious/expensive stuff (Kijimi etc.), I got sidetracked by this little guy:

The XFM2 Synthesizer Module

Image

This looks like an extremely capable FM engine - something like a DX5 but with built-in effects and hi-rez audio - made with off-the-shelf parts for about 100 bucks (I just ordered all the needed parts from Digi-Key). The comprehensive, well-written documentation alone is kind of breathtaking for a DIY project.

While not requiring any SMD skills, this thing could be a great little tool to help me to overcome another intimidation, namely FM programming (as confessed here), while adding some "new" sounds to my palette in the bargain. (I don't own any FM gear, and it's occurred to me that my current attitude toward FM is pretty much identical to how I felt about SMD a couple of months ago.)

Of course the utility of such a device will be determined only partly on its own merits; in order to really shine, it will need a good control surface. To that end I currently have an old Behringer DDX3216 mixer lying around that will provide lots of buttons & knobs, and and old laptop running MIDI-OX to map them to the FMX2 in various ways. If it gets interesting enough, I'll switch to an old MIDIbox Core board to do the mapping, then maybe add a custom control box to replace the big honkin' mix console.

FM with knobs, on the cheap! Sounds like fun to me.

User avatar
CoreInside
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by CoreInside » Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 am

Emu ESI 2000 112gbp
Boss DR 660 80gbp

User avatar
DCDanno
Common Wiggler
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:47 pm
Location: Ozarks

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by DCDanno » Sun May 17, 2020 10:09 am

Jim the Oldbie wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:52 am
A familiar irony of our current situation is that many of us are catching up on stuff we've been putting off for ages. For one personal example, it's been an opportunity for me to level up on my SMD skills. I've now reached a point where I actually enjoy the challenge of building SMD stuff; what used to be an intimidating ordeal is now a rewarding, almost therapeutic experience.

Having successfully completed a few somewhat SMD-busy module builds, I started looking around for a more challenging but still useful SMD project. I did a search for "diy poly synth," and after examining and passing on some of the really ambitious/expensive stuff (Kijimi etc.), I got sidetracked by this little guy:

The XFM2 Synthesizer Module

Image

This looks like an extremely capable FM engine - something like a DX5 but with built-in effects and hi-rez audio - made with off-the-shelf parts for about 100 bucks (I just ordered all the needed parts from Digi-Key). The comprehensive, well-written documentation alone is kind of breathtaking for a DIY project.

While not requiring any SMD skills, this thing could be a great little tool to help me to overcome another intimidation, namely FM programming (as confessed here), while adding some "new" sounds to my palette in the bargain. (I don't own any FM gear, and it's occurred to me that my current attitude toward FM is pretty much identical to how I felt about SMD a couple of months ago.)

Of course the utility of such a device will be determined only partly on its own merits; in order to really shine, it will need a good control surface. To that end I currently have an old Behringer DDX3216 mixer lying around that will provide lots of buttons & knobs, and and old laptop running MIDI-OX to map them to the FMX2 in various ways. If it gets interesting enough, I'll switch to an old MIDIbox Core board to do the mapping, then maybe add a custom control box to replace the big honkin' mix console.

FM with knobs, on the cheap! Sounds like fun to me.
That caught my eye as well. I would appreciate reading your thoughts on the build.

dml
Common Wiggler
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:49 am
Location: New York City

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by dml » Sun May 17, 2020 7:39 pm

I've owned several ARP 2600s since the early 80s. I started collecting them at a time when folks were practically giving them away! My dream synth since my teenage years and one of my all time favorite synths. I sold my last ARP in 2006 and have, of course, regretted it. I was really excited by Korgs reissue but the asking price was more than I could afford. I decided I'd be happy with Behringer's version but, while waiting for its release, I discovered Blue Lantern Modular and their BLM 7200 which is very much inspired by the 2600 without attempting to be a clone. As a longtime 2600 owner I am thrilled with this little feller. It gives me that 2600 vibe I've been missing! It has a completely open architecture, so there's no pre-patch, but other than that it takes the 2600's compliment of modules and its capabilities and considerably expands upon them. If you're considering an Arp 2600, but are open to the idea of an alternative system, I highly recommend checking out the BLM 7200.
BLM_7200.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best,

dml

User avatar
commodorejohn
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: Placerville, CA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by commodorejohn » Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 pm

A 1959 Hammond M-3 tonewheel organ, in very good cosmetic and operating condition :D Just need to break out the Deoxit and clean up the drawbars and a couple of the key contacts and it'll be good as new!
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000, Ensoniq SQ-80

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

User avatar
Jim the Oldbie
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 537
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:16 am
Location: Midwest USA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Jim the Oldbie » Sun May 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Congrats! I always like to hear about the little Hammonds finding a good home instead of sitting out on the curb.

In lieu of a complete disassemble/clean/lube job, De-Oxit is fine (and surprisingly effective) for the drawbar contacts. However, those key contacts are encased in steel! You won't get to them with any spray cleaner. Again, the keyboard busbars can be removed & cleaned/lubed, but that's a big job, and the last thing to try. First step is to just play the hell out of the offending keys - pretend you're playing 64th notes. (Not hard, just really fast.). If there's just a flaky note or harmonic here & there, this will often clear it up.

If you still have some stubborn notes, you can try shifting the busbars to a different contact point with the ingenious little mechanism provided, as described here.

A couple of notes:

1. The description of the busbar shifter in the Wiki is kinda ambiguous. What you're looking for is a rather distinctive brass slotted screw head at the low end of each manual (keyboard) chassis, accessible from the back of the organ. This thing will turn approx. 5-1/2 complete rotations from stop to stop. It operates a worm gear inside which can shift the lateral contact busbars back & forth to different contact points. The trick is to find a position for each manual that works more reliably than the one currently in use; so you want to count the turns on your screwdriver as you go, so you don't wind up back where you started. Just turn each one about 2 turns in either direction and leave it there. If you hit the stop, go the other way - just remember to go past the original position.

2. Be sure to NOT follow the procedure in Step 3 (wood plank across the keys)!!! Especially at this stage of life, that trick is just too risky to consider anymore.

Good luck!
Last edited by Jim the Oldbie on Sun May 17, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
commodorejohn
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: Placerville, CA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by commodorejohn » Sun May 17, 2020 10:17 pm

I do recall the key setup being a major job from an L-100 that I unfortunately wasn't able to salvage :/ It's only a couple of keys, and they seem better already after just noodling around for a bit, so hopefully a little repeat action is all it'll take. I suppose if I ever get crazy and try a foldback mod for it, that'd be the time to do a deep clean on the busbars, but that'd definitely be further down the road. Might look at doing a Leslie hookup mod for it sooner than that, though, but I'm still going back and forth on how soon to try tackling that.

Anyway, I'm stoked :D Been wanting to get a Hammond again for years (cripes, the last time I had a fully working one set up and accessible was, um, early 2009,) and it's nice that in the intervening time I've had so many opportunities to grow as a keyboardist. I'm still nowhere near where I want to be, but at least I no longer feel like a little treasure like this is wasted on me ;)
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000, Ensoniq SQ-80

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

User avatar
gslug
Common Wiggler
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by gslug » Tue May 19, 2020 9:56 pm

IMG_20200518_125106.jpg
MKS-20 and a dead U-220. The U-220 has already given up an output jack to replace a damaged one on the MKS-20, its volume knob to replace the missing one on my working U-220, its feet (MKS-20), rack ears and various screws (MKS-50). I think this is the first time I've ever stipped something for spares, and even though it's only a rompler, I feel dirty! The MKS-20 cleaned up nicely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
One day I'll get an avatar!

Thelefthandpath
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Location: Hades

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Thelefthandpath » Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 am

Image

User avatar
LameAim
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:06 am
Location: Age of Anchors

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by LameAim » Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 am

I picked up an Analog Four semi-recently and paired it with my Digitakt in the living room while I get to know it better, has been lots of fun. Everything I’ve done with those two so far sound like lo-fi hip hop versions of Ridge Racer tunes :sb:

So I’ve felt inspired enough to commit to some big changes for the summer.

First, I will be redoing my 7U Ableton/Pulsar-23 companion case by adding the following:
Intellijel Quadrax
MI Stages
SSF Stereo Dipole
Micro Ornaments and Crime

Second, I’ll be putting the A4 in the main setup to use with my Matriarch and a backup Intellijel Palette case containing Plaits and some other modules removed from the 7U case :party: :party: :guinness: I’ll likely use all of this together for 2-3 months, then reevaluate and trim if needed.

ObsoleteModular
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 4:24 am
Location: Bight Ron

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by ObsoleteModular » Thu May 21, 2020 5:25 am

LameAim wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 am
lo-fi hip hop versions of Ridge Racer tunes :sb:
Ha! Niche but nice

EasyToAssemble
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by EasyToAssemble » Thu May 21, 2020 9:23 am

Just bought:

Alesis Midiverb II
The one with the famous Bloom and Reverse delay settings. Also bought as my Boss RV500 doesn't have quite the long tails I'd like. Hoping to get a bit of that 90's Warp IDM magic with this.

Boss PSD-10 - Pitch Shift Delay
Half-rack unit from the 80's. Ordered from Japan (gulp) as UK listings are hardly appearing anywhere. Has a 1/4 in. pitch control input so easy to create some pretty mad sounds (Aphex, VvM, etc) on this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeDy1PZaKkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RHdYt6AKfU&t=32s

Bastl Microgranny 2.5
Crunchy lo-fi granular sampler. Still not sure if I like this thing as the lack of display and ready access of specific sounds - plus the tiny SD card - makes this thing a bit of a ballache if you have specific samples in mind.

User avatar
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6339
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Captain Of Outer Space

Re:

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:24 pm

calaveras wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 pm
Image
bought an OB6 after a long deliberation.
Just turned 50 and an 80's style polysynth seemed to be the best mid life crisis toy.
Yeah its a mess. I'm re-arranging everything to fit the Oberheim.
... i'm diggin on the DEVO hat in the corner of the pic. so what's up with the DEVO hat? can you say DEVO hat? i can ... watch .... ~DEEEVO HAT~ .... see? easy peasy. now, once more, this time with feeling ...... ~DEEEEEEEEEEVOOOOOOO HAT~ .... there we go, much better.

:)





... devo hat bitches .... godammit i said DEVO HAT you sumbitches! bow before me! DEVO HAT!

.
Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
5U PROJECT - (skip pages 4 through 6, boring junk) ... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

User avatar
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6339
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Captain Of Outer Space

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:39 pm

commodorejohn wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 pm
A 1959 Hammond M-3 tonewheel organ, in very good cosmetic and operating condition :D Just need to break out the Deoxit and clean up the drawbars and a couple of the key contacts and it'll be good as new!
... ah! you speaka my language! my wife has a 1953 M3 and a 1955 M3. the '55 is named "Morticia" and the '53 is named "Gomez" ..... after Morticia and Gomez Addams of The Addams Family. i have a 1962 Hammond A102 that i've converted to a full blown C3. i've outfitted all 3 organs with line outputs, built in overdrives, speaker outputs to allow the onboard power amps to drive speakers, as well as a number of other modifications. i love real deal tonewheel Hammonds. the A102 cost me $175.00 ... for reals, a hundred and seventy five dollarbucks. i put a new ~start~ switch in it, and the AO28 preamp needed the main power capacitors totally replaced ... literally seventeen bucks worth of caps, and those were high end caps. they'll now outlive me. the A102 was owned by a single family, all of the service documentation came with it, a journal of each time the Hammond tech come out to oil it and check it out for the family. absolute steal. the old woman i bought it from was just thrilled that i knew how to operate it and play it. that alone made her feel so good. some of the preset keys wouldn't stay engaged, and A3 key on the lower manual didn't work. all it took to fix both problems was literally usage! the organ had so little time on it that contacts and mechanical systems were just really needing to be used. after about ten to twelve hours of spirited playing everything worked fine.

8-)
Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
5U PROJECT - (skip pages 4 through 6, boring junk) ... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

User avatar
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6493
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Re:

Post by dubonaire » Fri May 22, 2020 3:08 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:24 pm
calaveras wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 pm
Image
bought an OB6 after a long deliberation.
Just turned 50 and an 80's style polysynth seemed to be the best mid life crisis toy.
Yeah its a mess. I'm re-arranging everything to fit the Oberheim.
... i'm diggin on the DEVO hat in the corner of the pic. so what's up with the DEVO hat? can you say DEVO hat? i can ... watch .... ~DEEEVO HAT~ .... see? easy peasy. now, once more, this time with feeling ...... ~DEEEEEEEEEEVOOOOOOO HAT~ .... there we go, much better.

:)





... devo hat bitches .... godammit i said DEVO HAT you sumbitches! bow before me! DEVO HAT!

.
let's be clear on terminology here, it's called an Energy Dome.

By the way:

Image

User avatar
pmboos
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 11:34 am
Location: Falls Church, VA
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by pmboos » Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:24 pm
calaveras wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 pm
Image
bought an OB6 after a long deliberation.
Just turned 50 and an 80's style polysynth seemed to be the best mid life crisis toy.
Yeah its a mess. I'm re-arranging everything to fit the Oberheim.
... i'm diggin on the DEVO hat in the corner of the pic. so what's up with the DEVO hat? can you say DEVO hat? i can ... watch .... ~DEEEVO HAT~ .... see? easy peasy. now, once more, this time with feeling ...... ~DEEEEEEEEEEVOOOOOOO HAT~ .... there we go, much better.

:)





... devo hat bitches .... godammit i said DEVO HAT you sumbitches! bow before me! DEVO HAT!

.
I don't know if they still sell them, but for awhile with their last album, they had blue energy domes as well. I've also seen DEVO wear an orange version, which I would buy as well if they ever offered them for sale. (Yes I have both a red and a blue one.)
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

kinkujin
Common Wiggler
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:06 pm
Location: USA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by kinkujin » Fri May 22, 2020 8:24 am

dml wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:39 pm
I've owned several ARP 2600s since the early 80s. I started collecting them at a time when folks were practically giving them away! My dream synth since my teenage years and one of my all time favorite synths. I sold my last ARP in 2006 and have, of course, regretted it. I was really excited by Korgs reissue but the asking price was more than I could afford. I decided I'd be happy with Behringer's version but, while waiting for its release, I discovered Blue Lantern Modular and their BLM 7200 which is very much inspired by the 2600 without attempting to be a clone. As a longtime 2600 owner I am thrilled with this little feller. It gives me that 2600 vibe I've been missing! It has a completely open architecture, so there's no pre-patch, but other than that it takes the 2600's compliment of modules and its capabilities and considerably expands upon them. If you're considering an Arp 2600, but are open to the idea of an alternative system, I highly recommend checking out the BLM 7200. BLM_7200.JPG
That looks fabulous. That might need to go on my *someday* list (which is really quite the list). Congrats.

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”