What new booty did you buy?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by slumberjack » Fri May 22, 2020 8:42 am

EasyToAssemble wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:23 am

Boss PSD-10 - Pitch Shift Delay
Half-rack unit from the 80's. Ordered from Japan (gulp) as UK listings are hardly appearing anywhere. Has a 1/4 in. pitch control input so easy to create some pretty mad sounds (Aphex, VvM, etc) on this thing.
:cloud: That is one piece I'd like to own :cloud:
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

commodorejohn
Ultra Wiggler

Post by commodorejohn » Fri May 22, 2020 9:28 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:39 pm
... ah! you speaka my language! my wife has a 1953 M3 and a 1955 M3. the '55 is named "Morticia" and the '53 is named "Gomez" ..... after Morticia and Gomez Addams of The Addams Family. i have a 1962 Hammond A102 that i've converted to a full blown C3. i've outfitted all 3 organs with line outputs, built in overdrives, speaker outputs to allow the onboard power amps to drive speakers, as well as a number of other modifications. i love real deal tonewheel Hammonds. the A102 cost me $175.00 ... for reals, a hundred and seventy five dollarbucks. i put a new ~start~ switch in it, and the AO28 preamp needed the main power capacitors totally replaced ... literally seventeen bucks worth of caps, and those were high end caps. they'll now outlive me. the A102 was owned by a single family, all of the service documentation came with it, a journal of each time the Hammond tech come out to oil it and check it out for the family. absolute steal. the old woman i bought it from was just thrilled that i knew how to operate it and play it. that alone made her feel so good. some of the preset keys wouldn't stay engaged, and A3 key on the lower manual didn't work. all it took to fix both problems was literally usage! the organ had so little time on it that contacts and mechanical systems were just really needing to be used. after about ten to twelve hours of spirited playing everything worked fine.
They're absolute tanks. This one came with the service log - bought in early 1960, oiled in late 1960, and then had a tube replaced and was re-oiled in early 2020. Other than the slightly-oxidized drawbar contacts and a couple gummed-up keys, it runs like new.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000, Ensoniq SQ-80

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

syzygywell
aligned wiggler

Post by syzygywell » Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 pm

Well I had no intension of doing it, but I did. I'd been going round and round about the 1010 blackbox, MPC Live, Live 2 and One and then this popped up in my feed. So I bought it.

It's been a long time since someone wrote a really good book in jail.

https://www.instagram.com/instrumentsofflight/

tim gueguen
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tim gueguen » Mon May 25, 2020 1:16 am

There's something very off brand '80s looking about that thing. For example the sliders and markings look like something from a Realistic product.

mmp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mmp » Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 am

Ha. Yeah. A Realistic mixer.

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmboos » Mon May 25, 2020 7:27 am

syzygywell wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 pm
Well I had no intension of doing it, but I did. I'd been going round and round about the 1010 blackbox, MPC Live, Live 2 and One and then this popped up in my feed. So I bought it.

I have Isla's Kordbot. It's a pretty cool little device - I like it's strum capabilities. I predict you'll probably be happy with that purchase...
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

everydaycurry
Common Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry » Mon May 25, 2020 6:23 pm

Specular Tempus reverb pedal - but the effects loop isn't working. I'm e-mailing with GFI but given the seller's response (nope sorry can't help you dunno never used it) a return is going to be a pain if I can't get it working.

pmboos
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmboos » Mon May 25, 2020 9:00 pm

everydaycurry wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:23 pm
Specular Tempus reverb pedal - but the effects loop isn't working. I'm e-mailing with GFI but given the seller's response (nope sorry can't help you dunno never used it) a return is going to be a pain if I can't get it working.
I hope you keep is in the loop here as I'll be watching this intently. I've been thing of getting one of these...
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Tue May 26, 2020 7:41 am

syzygywell wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 pm

I wish you hadn't posted that and so does my bank account.
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

Return to “General Gear”