Eventide H9 - new pedal

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

tilman
Common Wiggler

Post by tilman » Wed May 14, 2014 11:54 am

But as someone said earlier it´s getting weird with more than one unit....

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Sorry for the necro-bump...

Im one of those guys who had to collect ALL the coins in Super Mario Bros (and it still haunts me I cant find the last ring in The Precursors Legacy!).

So I was wondering about folks opinions on the H9 Max?
Includes all 45 algorithms and over 500 presets from TimeFactor, ModFactor, PitchFactor, and Space PLUS all current AND future H9 exclusive algorithms.

Im thinking as one would have the Max, getting a 2nd hand H9 Core would give you the ability to have basically 2 Max-s (Maxi?) because apparently the Core basically becomes a 2nd Max...

But 1st things 1st - the stomp boxes are €499, the H9 is €499 and the Max is €799 which seems to me to be relatively brilliant value...

Anyone else have any thoughts?
:tu:

rove74
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rove74 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Eventide is having a promotion right now where buying a certain amount of algorithms (10 for the regular H9, more for the core) by april 15th turns the pedal into an H9 Max, meaning the algorithms stay with the pedal, but also work with other H9s one may own.
Here is a Link

xclark
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xclark » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm

I loved my H9 before they did the MAX thing and now it's just crazy what a great value it is.

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks chaps.

Ive been getting more and more into recording my tracks and bussing stuff out to effect with z-dsp, cathedral, particle delay and possessed - I think my plan for this year will be Nord Drum2 & H9!

thefutureeaters
Common Wiggler

Post by thefutureeaters » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:56 pm

mckenic wrote:Thanks chaps.

Ive been getting more and more into recording my tracks and bussing stuff out to effect with z-dsp, cathedral, particle delay and possessed - I think my plan for this year will be Nord Drum2 & H9!

H9 is great. I'm on the road to a second one. Was always a bit frustrated with the algorithm limitation... Now that the MAX option is afloat, boom!

BTW particle delay is really cool, too. But, you knew this. I keep wanting to hear their bit crusher on vox and other instruments but can't find in the demos.
Genre: Adult Contemporary Acid Reflux

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Yeah, Ive taken my Line6 pedal apart to add stereo out and keep remembering the last time I emailed Red Panda, they had the tonecore version of their pedal in stock...

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:45 pm

IM so glad theyve done the MAX and once everyone has transitioned I hope they just sell the MAX and really work the format because having some people hav access and some not to algorithms has dawned upon them finally as a stupid idea given the actual concept of the H9.
Theres nothing in euro that would come to the sound quality and range of sounds yeah? I had my elcap die on me just out of warranty so Im looking for a pedal and was going to get a couple more strymon pedals but would this satisfy? Its stereo, Midi - correct?
look up!

thefutureeaters
Common Wiggler

Post by thefutureeaters » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:23 pm

How many H9's would Eventide sell in Euro format?! Surely not as many as pedal format but.... Would be awesome! I've always got mine draped on a synth or on one of the modular racks.

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:22 pm

rove74 wrote:Eventide is having a promotion right now where buying a certain amount of algorithms (10 for the regular H9, more for the core) by april 15th turns the pedal into an H9 Max, meaning the algorithms stay with the pedal, but also work with other H9s one may own.
Here is a Link
I ignored this pedal before, but now it looks like a good deal. Does it support MIDI over USB?

A couple of H9s paired with a KMix may be in my near future. I like my Mackie VLZ-1202 but it only has one effects send bus.

rove74
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rove74 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:31 pm

GovernorSilver wrote: I ignored this pedal before, but now it looks like a good deal. Does it support MIDI over USB?

A couple of H9s paired with a KMix may be in my near future. I like my Mackie VLZ-1202 but it only has one effects send bus.
Yes, midi over USB is supported. I think the usb midi overrides the DIN midi, if that makes any difference. I have had luck syncing to midi clock via both USB and DIN midi, but it seems that the iOS app doesn't like it when the pedal is clocked externally and you want to demo algorithms, for me that always causes the pedal to freeze (removing midi clock un-freezes).

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 pm

rove74 wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote: I ignored this pedal before, but now it looks like a good deal. Does it support MIDI over USB?

Yes, midi over USB is supported. I think the usb midi overrides the DIN midi, if that makes any difference. I have had luck syncing to midi clock via both USB and DIN midi, but it seems that the iOS app doesn't like it when the pedal is clocked externally and you want to demo algorithms, for me that always causes the pedal to freeze (removing midi clock un-freezes).
Thanks! MIDI over USB opens up the possibility of control from an iPad app like Lemur - well, more convenient connection and control anyway. My current DIN MIDI interface for my iPad is a Roland Duo Capture EX, which only has one MIDI I/O pair.

Thanks also for the heads up regarding external MIDI clock.

rove74
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rove74 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:01 pm

GovernorSilver wrote:
Thanks! MIDI over USB opens up the possibility of control from an iPad app like Lemur - well, more convenient connection and control anyway. My current DIN MIDI interface for my iPad is a Roland Duo Capture EX, which only has one MIDI I/O pair.

Thanks also for the heads up regarding external MIDI clock.
Thru the app you can also send midi over bluetooth, though I have not attempted this. The midi CC control is pretty extensive and customizable.

Hermetech Mastering
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Hermetech Mastering » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:35 pm

People who have had an H9 for a while and been using it with modular synths, keyboards, or mixer effects sends and returns, could you please confirm that the pedal works fine with line level signals?

I want a really small, light and great sounding effects unit to use as part of a portable DJ mixer rig (with the line level effects send and return), and the H9 seems like it would be perfect, but I keep reading reports that it doesn't work very well with line level signal and distorts.

Hoping it's OK as it looks stunning and I want to buy one soon! Will go for the regular H9 version and add Black Hole I think.

soup
Veteran Wiggler

Post by soup » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 pm

When I had one I used for a little while as a pitch shifter in the fx loop of a dj mixer and didn't have any problems.

Biff
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Biff » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:21 pm

I use it with line signal only (hooked up to my patchbay) and it works great, input vol can be adjusted too.

thefutureeaters
Common Wiggler

Post by thefutureeaters » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Works well with line level devices. Takes a lot to clip it. Low noise floor. I patch H9's before and after lineamps, synths, modular, drum machines, effects loops, etc.

geoffmar
Common Wiggler

Post by geoffmar » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:18 pm

user interface fairly non in depth?

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 pm

geoffmar wrote:user interface fairly non in depth?
I dunno mate - if ya got the requisite hardware this interface looks fairly cool (and you can always tweak the unit away from the PC/tablet)...

xclark
Veteran Wiggler

Post by xclark » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:35 pm

yeah the iPad is handy when you don't mind having a screen involved, but lately I've been pretty good at just cycling through the parameters on the pedal and adjusting as needed. it's not crippled without the software assistance, but it's a lot more tweakable in real time by using it.

geoffmar
Common Wiggler

Post by geoffmar » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:41 pm

hmmm, i'm not much for pedals that require digital display....this thing sounds great though

Hermetech Mastering
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Hermetech Mastering » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:09 am

Thanks for confirming it works well with line level signals, people. I'll order one soon!
Last edited by Hermetech Mastering on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suburban Bather
Miami Flesh

Post by Suburban Bather » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:32 am

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Thanks for confirming it works well with line level signal people, I'll order one soon!
:sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: before you marry that H9 to your dj rig, you should try some feedback patches through the H9, so awesome!
Heavy Lids

Hermetech Mastering
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Hermetech Mastering » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:08 am

That sounds fun!

:miley:

Hermetech Mastering
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Hermetech Mastering » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:35 am

Just ordered one (the regular version). Am I right in thinking it'll come with a promo code for one more algo? If so will probably grab Black Hole.

Return to “General Gear”