arturia minibrute 'technotes'

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

cthonist
Common Wiggler

arturia minibrute 'technotes'

Post by cthonist » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 am

I recently put 2 customer service requests to Arturia for my new minibrute, & the result was 2 pdfs that guide you through the troubleshooting process. Attached are "technotes" #1 (oscillator calibration) and #7 (missing key bumper)

If anyone has #4 (opening the 'brute), that would be great, tho it doesn't seem too difficult.... I could probably just input a request for all of the notes as a service inquiry but this thread serves the double purpose of promoting my own laziness & sharing these useful notes with everyone here! From what I can tell the minibrute is prone to a number of problems so i hope this does some good.

Note on calibration (#1)- you have to be VERY precise when adjusting the trimpots, and at least in my case it's still only close to in tune for 1-2 octaves.

**PLEASE ATTACH ANY OTHER NOTES OR MINIBRUTE RESOURCES IN THIS THREAD!** If it gets more comprehensive I will re-post with all notes attached [is there an attachment limit btw??]

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dalasv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dalasv » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Here are #03 and #04 :) Great thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Useful thread is useful. :tu:
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING

SysEx Dumpster Podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

TestSetRadio
Wiggling with Experience

Post by TestSetRadio » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 pm

VanEck wrote:Useful thread is useful. :tu:
It's sad that a new product needs this sort of tech support :(

I went from frothing at the mouth for one of these to barely shrugging when i see them popping up on CL here. It was gonna be the ultimate small footprint buddy for my euro system, but I'm not willing to deal with tech drama on a brand new product.

Now i froth at the mouth for new MS-20. see y'all later when i run out of sneaker pimps covers to play :mrgreen:

zedius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zedius » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

I have no issues on my minibrute (save for a few key weights dropping out during shipping - just glued them back in). I love this thing... And I love that they made these technotes. It will help in long term serviceability! Thanks for posting them here, cthonist and dalasv.

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:09 am

zedius wrote:I have no issues on my minibrute (save for a few key weights dropping out during shipping - just glued them back in). I love this thing... And I love that they made these technotes. It will help in long term serviceability! Thanks for posting them here, cthonist and dalasv.
My experience and feelings exactly
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

deastman
Stuck in the 80's

Post by deastman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 am

I agree. I don't think the MB has any more issues than most new products. I've had a couple of very minor issues with mine: a screw had come loose during shipping, and one of the pots has a lot less friction than all the others when rotated. I'm still thrilled with the instrument. I also have an MS-20, and I think I prefer the sound of the MB overall.

boinggg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by boinggg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:40 pm

No problems here either.

Mine actually arrived with a hole the size of my fist torn in the box. Despite some this apparently rough shipping, I've had 6 months of trouble-free use.

dalasv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dalasv » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:16 pm

boinggg wrote:No problems here either.

Mine actually arrived with a hole the size of my fist torn in the box. Despite some this apparently rough shipping, I've had 6 months of trouble-free use.
That's interesting, both of mine arrived with roughed up boxes. What's happening to these things!?

Rod Serling Fan Club
aquatic hitchhiker

Post by Rod Serling Fan Club » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Mine has been fine so far

whitewulfe
Chaos beckons, I heed the call

Post by whitewulfe » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Once they become more easily attainable through local-ish means, I'll more than likely look at picking one up myself, since they look like just soo much damn fun!

ThinLazy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ThinLazy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm

No problems with mine so far

drewtoothpaste

Post by drewtoothpaste » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Used mine for half the tracks on my last album. Amazing sound and functionality for something under $500. I was close to first in line for the first batch and have had no problems in 8 months of use.

jabberwalky
Common Wiggler

Post by jabberwalky » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Also no problems here. I think I have one from the newer batch. Although, it does seem that my Pulse wave isn't a complete square at 50%. I'm sure it's a trimpot calibration. My octave Kitten gives me enough tech headaches, so I'm leaving the minibrute alone, ha!

I'd imagine it's built better than the new Ms20 as well.
https://www.youtube.com/c/fortressofsound/ - Synth demos and other absurd nonsense

jca
Common Wiggler

Post by jca » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 pm

They keys on mine feels like they're going to break if I breath on it too hard. I'd say there's a 1/4" of play from side to side.
I've got more money than brains and I need to borrow bus fare.

newgreyarea
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by newgreyarea » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm

My first one was whack. Have not opened it's replacement yet.

machetemirage
Wiggling with Experience

Post by machetemirage » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:55 pm

jabberwalky wrote:Though, it does seem that my Pulse wave isn't a complete square at 50%.
My unit does this as well. A complete square is a tick and a half past the bold 50% tick on mine.

newmonument
1-Post Wiggler

Post by newmonument » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:30 am

great info

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Nice idea for a thread. My Minibrute replacement has been issue free. Lovely sounds from this synth!

beyourdog
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by beyourdog » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

deastman wrote:I agree. I don't think the MB has any more issues than most new products. I've had a couple of very minor issues with mine: a screw had come loose during shipping, and one of the pots has a lot less friction than all the others when rotated. I'm still thrilled with the instrument. I also have an MS-20, and I think I prefer the sound of the MB overall.
Sorry but I disagree, ever heard of a Moog product sent with loose keys, loose screws, unregular pots ??? I mean 1 probably but not dozens...

The Minibrute seems to be a great synth, but the Industrial process is really not a success... (delay for production, problems, regular replacemement of the synth, ...) I mean if most companies where having the same number of issues in their products it would be quite of a shitty life we would had...Sorry the oven is not working and my car has a steerwheel problem but that s ok, i ll get a new one soon...

I dont badmouth it just trying to be a bit fair on the game, the synth is cheap and that s great, analog and great fun to play but let s hope Arturia make it better next time...Probably best to delay an annoucement but to deliver the goods right.

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 pm

I just got one, from a newer batch, and it doesn't seem like I have anything to worry about. Pots, knobs, sliders, and keys all seem solid.

micahindeath
Learning to Wiggle

Post by micahindeath » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 pm

my minibrute came in perfect and i've never had a single issue with any aspect of it or any of the others i have played.

dalasv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dalasv » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

This is the technotes thread, y'all! :goo:

jca
Common Wiggler

Odd

Post by jca » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 pm

I just noticed if I set the arp. to hold, crank the rate and mash down a bunch of keys at once the synth freezes. I've done it five times and five times it has frozen. The arp. and LFO LED's stay solid and it stops emitting sound. Only fix is a restart.

That's kind of a bummer.
I've got more money than brains and I need to borrow bus fare.

bafonso
Common Wiggler

Post by bafonso » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:19 am

Did people get any more technotes? I'm wondering if there's any to debug a low output issue... I'm not sure the issue is in the VCA or the final amplification. Both my headphone and main outs are very low.

Return to “General Gear”