CV Tools with RME UCX

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

jobinho
Learning to Wiggle

CV Tools with RME UCX

Post by jobinho » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:28 am

Has anyone used the RME UCX with Ableton's CV tools? Outputs 7/8 are DC Coupled but I've not seen any definitive testaments to their compatibility with CV Tools. I'm looking to modulate analog CV Ins with LFOs and Envelops.

Open to other suggestions if this one isn't workable. Cheers

adg672
Wiggling with Experience

Re: CV Tools with RME UCX

Post by adg672 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:59 am

If it’s DC coupled should be fine. Otherwise I reckon an ES9 is the best option these days.

Good article on modular interfacing in the free online Sound on Sound Sept issue here:

https://edition.soundonsound.com/html5/ ... af61c6b07d

Fair play to SOS for putting the latest issues up at no charge

jobinho
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jobinho » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 am

adg672 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:59 am
If it’s DC coupled should be fine. Otherwise I reckon an ES9 is the best option these days.

Good article on modular interfacing in the free online Sound on Sound Sept issue here:

https://edition.soundonsound.com/html5/ ... af61c6b07d

Fair play to SOS for putting the latest issues up at no charge
Thanks man

Migrigsynth
Common Wiggler

Post by Migrigsynth » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:58 pm

I’ve used the two DC coupled outputs on the UCX with silent way from expert sleepers a while back. I did it as a proof of concept and it worked fine. It was a bit tricky to get the voltage calibrated in Silent Way but once I did that it worked pretty good.
Presently I use a Fireface 800 ( AC coupled) with expert sleepers silent way for LFO‘s and stepped LFO‘s. It works great. The only sticking point or limitation is that the LFO’s cannot be too slow as the voltage will not hold on the outputs ( as they are not DC coupled).

I don’t have any experience with is but I would imagine that CV Tools will work pretty much the same.

Return to “Music Software”