Current Favorite Glitch Plugin(s)?

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

High Wolf
Veteran Wiggler

Post by High Wolf » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:46 am

EATyourGUITAR wrote:the sugarbytes is the most complete all in one glitch plug but it is also the most cliche anachronism used by no talent hacks. similar to ableton beat repeat. you can sequence the different effect on/off buttons in sugarbytes with midi on off note messages. this is why people throw random midi sequencers in front of it.

there is something in ableton M4L that is better than beat repeat. some kind of audio sequencer that is similar to beat repeat. I can't remember the name and I already uninstalled ableton. ableton sucks. no true mono support. no good sample editor.
Are you talking about buffer shuffler? Just got it, it's cool, haven't found a way to change the sequencer clock division so far...by the way is it me or isn't there any kind of manual for those M4L devices?

pekbro
Common Wiggler

Post by pekbro » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 am

Just like to add Amalgame from inear display, well any of his plugins
actually. Great stuff...

For those that don't know, this guy is the developer that Glitchmachines
uses to code their plugins. So mostly, they are along similar lines...

https://www.ineardisplay.com/plugins/amalgame/

High Wolf
Veteran Wiggler

Post by High Wolf » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am

pekbro wrote:Just like to add Amalgame from inear display, well any of his plugins
actually. Great stuff...

For those that don't know, this guy is the developer that Glitchmachines
uses to code their plugins. So mostly, they are along similar lines...

https://www.ineardisplay.com/plugins/amalgame/
Nice one, will check it out for sure, thanks

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:02 pm

High Wolf wrote:Reviving this thread as I have a hard time finding / deciding on a glitch plugin. I am looking for a buffer type, not a sample player.

I just want to use a glitch device that will do stutter / beat repeat / fx on a return track or assigned to a group of tracks. Both for rhythmic stuff (deconstructing beats, think Lee Gamble or something) and sound design (drum textures). What would you recommend?

So far the one I liked the most from Youtube was Glitch Bitch, but the fact that I need to buy a USB key to authorize it is definitely a downer. I am also very close to purchase Reaktor 6 as it's currently half priced, I guess there would be that kind of stuff inside?

Free and not free stuff both welcome. By the way I am working with Ableton Life 10 Suite.

Thanks for your advice!
Many of the Glitchmachines plugins use buffers.
Cryogen, Polygon, Convex, Palindrome, etc are all on sale currently for $5-$10:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/manufact ... chmachines

Also Twisted Tools software.

darwingrosse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by darwingrosse » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:58 pm

High Wolf wrote:
EATyourGUITAR wrote:the sugarbytes is the most complete all in one glitch plug but it is also the most cliche anachronism used by no talent hacks. similar to ableton beat repeat. you can sequence the different effect on/off buttons in sugarbytes with midi on off note messages. this is why people throw random midi sequencers in front of it.

there is something in ableton M4L that is better than beat repeat. some kind of audio sequencer that is similar to beat repeat. I can't remember the name and I already uninstalled ableton. ableton sucks. no true mono support. no good sample editor.
Are you talking about buffer shuffler? Just got it, it's cool, haven't found a way to change the sequencer clock division so far...by the way is it me or isn't there any kind of manual for those M4L devices?
Hope you found the beat division thing: it's the combination of "beats + bars" (the length of the sequence) and "steps" (the number of steps that will occur during that length).

No manual - they are supposed to be easy-to-try and interesting-to-explore. Did it work...?
[ddg]

Art+Music+Technology podcast:
http://artmusictech.libsyn.com/

Modular Synth Mastery books:
http://20objects.com/books/

High Wolf
Veteran Wiggler

Post by High Wolf » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:23 am

Thanks mt3, those are great deals on glitmachines stuff for sure.

darwingrosse : still think that clock division thing is more complicated than it should be...

galaxie
Common Wiggler

Re: Current Favorite Glitch Plugin(s)?

Post by galaxie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:28 am

Stacking up plugins of Unfiltered Audio and Sugarbyte FX and now you are good to cook.

Return to “Music Software”