Classic software lost to the ether of new computing

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

scozbor
100th Member!

Re: Classic software lost to the ether of new computing

Post by scozbor » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:46 pm

fac wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

I also plan to install Audiomulch, VAZ Modular and VAZ+. Both Mulch and VAZ Mod were first released in 1998 and stopped being updated years ago. The VAZ website is gone.
I was running VAZ in win7 maybe 2 years ago now. LOVED IT!
Got some amazing sounds out of it. The granular oscillators are great!

VAZ was really my breakthrough moment in modular synthesis...

fac
wig MUffler

Post by fac » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:27 pm

scozbor wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:46 pm
fac wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

I also plan to install Audiomulch, VAZ Modular and VAZ+. Both Mulch and VAZ Mod were first released in 1998 and stopped being updated years ago. The VAZ website is gone.
I was running VAZ in win7 maybe 2 years ago now. LOVED IT!
Got some amazing sounds out of it. The granular oscillators are great!

VAZ was really my breakthrough moment in modular synthesis...
VAZ was also my gateway into modular synthesis, about 20 years ago. I'm really glad I can still use it, although I haven't done anything serious with it.

These are some of the music programs I have currently installed in my new laptop. Plus various plugins that I bought between 2004-2007 (many of them no longer available): db-audioware stuff, old GForce stuff, old PSP stuff, Cakewalk Dimension Pro, VAZ Plus 2, and others.
Captura de pantalla (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emmaker
Wiggling with Experience

Post by emmaker » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:44 pm

gruebleengourd wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:59 pm
emmaker wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:19 pm
A few things I miss.

Korg Oasys PCI - Wish there were current drivers and software for them. You can still find PCs with PCI slots so that's not a problem.
Realistically, the best solution is just to find yourself a $40 G4 tower. I don't think you would ever get it to work in a modern PCI slot (which is adapted pci-e) on a modern OS.

I still do have a PC with a card in it running a version of Windows that supports it. But having a PC just for that isn't going to work when I get the studio reorganized. It'd be nice if I could put it in my WIN 10 DAW. Also with the power of modern PCs running something like Reactor can provide a lot of things to play with.

Jay S.

Return to “Music Software”