Reaktor 6 feedback connections

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

ketem13
Common Wiggler

Reaktor 6 feedback connections

Post by ketem13 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:04 am

Hi,
Is it possible to make feedbacks connection in Reaktor 6 same as it is possible in Nord G1 ?

I tried to make simple patch connecting the 3 outputs (hp bp lp) of a filter into a mixer ---> into signal shaper ---> back to filter cutoff input while monitoring the lp out but no feedback sounds.

is it even possible ?

picture attachedImage

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:57 am

I am not aware of how reaktor works,
but in max you could add a delay object between output and input (for a couple of samples) and it would work.
Unless you are trying to make your own filter that is.
But there is a lower lever than this in reaktor where it should be possible.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:31 pm

there is also a higher level using "blocks" where it should be possible. going smaller in reaktor is called reaktor core. right now you are just in the same patching screen that has always been there in reaktor before there were super small things at audio rate and super big things that are like eurorack modules.

https://www.native-instruments.com/file ... 015_11.pdf
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

colb
Common Wiggler

Re: Reaktor 6 feedback connections

Post by colb » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:24 am

ketem13 wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to make feedbacks connection in Reaktor 6 same as it is possible in Nord G1 ?

I tried to make simple patch connecting the 3 outputs (hp bp lp) of a filter into a mixer ---> into signal shaper ---> back to filter cutoff input while monitoring the lp out but no feedback sounds.

is it even possible ?
Audio is roughly in the range -1..1.. (but yours will be less because the saw amplitude is set to 0.5...)
modulating a filter's cutoff frequency through a variation of ~1Hz isn't going to be particularly audible. A quick fix would be just to multiply the feedback by say 2000...

Better might be to condition it further.
e.g. find out where the limits are that cause it to crap out, and clip the feedback at that limit... probably ditch the shaper unless you're using it for audio rather than control values.
Maybe apply some sort of exponential curve 'Expon. (F)'... although that might be better applied separately to the positive and negative portions of the signal.

I would also suggest to ditch these very old Primary modules. The core modules are way more up to date. The filters are zero delay jobs which respond much better to fast cutoff modulation. The oscillators are also better. And you have more mapping options - the 'Delta Pitch to Frequency Factor' module might be handy here...

That or use Blocks if mono is acceptable.

Good luck!

Return to “Music Software”