Ableton / M4L - Tempo to CC?

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Nejrup
Common Wiggler

Ableton / M4L - Tempo to CC?

Post by Nejrup » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:51 am

I'm searching for a way to sync my Buchla 277 delay, with the tempo of Ableton. At the moment I'm sending CC out to my 225e midi-cv module to control the delay time, but would like to find a way to sync that constant CC with the BPM.
Anyone know some M4L patch or similar that could do something like that?
FS/FT: Glensound Mixer, Mirano Tape Echo
WTB: TINIJAX! Buchla 285e, 258e, Buchla Sequencer
https://soundcloud.com/nejrupmusic

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 pm

you can build this in max. then you have to build the lookup table of delay time(BPM) vs cc. you can probably do this with tap tempo or you can record the delay sound and analyze it on a wav editor to calculate the time or BPM. I would probably build something in max to help me tap in all the different BPM and automatically log that vs midi CC. then a hot key to increment the CC by +4 as you do a few keyframes.

this whole thing goes in the trash when you turn the knob. you have to choose BPM control or having a knob you can actually adjust no duct tape.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 pm

here is an example of the failure of anyone to be able to write the perfect code or filters needed to detect BPM all through the 90's.

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2018/06/red ... -midi.html

we didn't get anything good till we were using laptop computers with virtual dj, serrato, pioneer. what happens when you put strings with reverb through it? they will start giving out bullshit BPM 60 999 240 bullshit. so basically, unless you make straight up kick drum music, I wouldn't worry too much about doing beat detection fully automated.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Return to “Music Software”