Black Friday

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

unpunk
Learning to Wiggle

Black Friday

Post by unpunk » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi just wondering if this is the best forum for news on Black Friday software specials? I am in Oz so BF is not a big thing here but we can still get the specials on-line.

Citizen Klaus
Common Wiggler

Re: Black Friday

Post by Citizen Klaus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:49 pm

unpunk wrote:Hi just wondering if this is the best forum for news on Black Friday software specials? I am in Oz so BF is not a big thing here but we can still get the specials on-line.
Not really; GS is probably more into that sort of thing.

That said, Arturia is running their usual Black Friday deal: the latest V-Collection as low as $99 for existing customers, $299 for new customers.

Toontrack also has 40% off on EZDrummer and Superior Drummer expansions, again as usual.

werock
Ultra Wiggler

Post by werock » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Keep an eye on the deals section on KVR, there's already some pre black Friday discounts on there.

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 am

werock wrote:Keep an eye on the deals section on KVR, there's already some pre black Friday discounts on there.
Yep. DiscoDSP, SoundToys, and Output have started running sales already. I might pick up Output’s granular processor thing.
----------------------------------------

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:16 am

kvr always has a big black friday deals thread. usually in the marketplace forum.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

it's nuts though.. i received black friday emails about sales a week ago. some places are doing that month of black friday type shit where they reveal new things on sale every friday all month long. it's ridiculous really.

francoprussian
Wiggling with Experience

Post by francoprussian » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Lead the sheep in to the shed slowly so they don't bolt before you fleece them

unpunk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by unpunk » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks for the responses. I will check these out

Gribs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gribs » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:27 am

I bought too many hardware toys! :cloud:

No software for me this time.
----------------------------------------

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:01 pm

Samples from Mars have been sending coupon codes around and encourage people to share the ones, they don't need - I have one left to get all releases of 2019 for 9 USD and would PM it to someone who could make use of it.

:party:

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:07 pm

soundtoys decapitator for $29. izotope trash 2 expanded is on sale cheap. depends if you get educational price already.

ableton 10 they added max4live as standard and sell it back to us as a $224 upgrade from 9 suite to 10 suite. I already paid $99 to upgrade from 8 to 9 on black friday. I already paid $99 for max4live (dealer pricing, I was a dealer). 10 adds a wavetable synth that no one asked for. not worth $224.

ableton now owns cycling 74. they would normally sell max msp max4live crossgrade for $99 but now it is $224.

all melda plugins are %50 off but this one is vital if you own a studio recording real drums. $27
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MAutoAlign
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

pottering
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pottering » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 pm

ableton now owns cycling 74. they would normally sell max msp max4live crossgrade for $99 but now it is $224.
Max For Live crossgrade from Max standalone is still $99.

https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/#max-for-live

Max Standalone crossgrade from M4L was never that cheap.

Here is Web Archive capture from 2010, shows the same $299 price:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100422090 ... ossgrades/

(And such crossgrades only exist because of their partnership, obviously.)

10 adds a wavetable synth that no one asked for. not worth $224.

Live 10 Suite comes with more than just Wavetable (which is great actually, you can load the encrypted AIFF samples from Live Packs into it, so not only it is cool on its own, but rises the value of the bundled sound Packs), also comes with Echo, 7 new sound Packs (which are great), 3 new M4L Packs (Probability Pack, CV Tools, Creative Extensions, plus new versions of stuff like Surround Panner), and the new features like Capture, VST3, etc.

Echo adds a new reverb, and Color Limiter (from Creative Extensions) adds a new color limiter (for maximizing), which answer 2 common complaints about Live's bundled FX (that Reverb and Limiter are the weakest FX).

Plus stuff like compatibility with new M4L stuff and with other users, since Live 10 is 2 years old already.

If you are on 9, you also get the Standard 10 stuff, like Drum Buss, 3 more sound Packs, etc.

If you are on Standard 10, then you also get the older Suite stuff like Corpus, Amp. Cabinet, Sampler, Operator, Analog, Collision, Electric, Tension, dozen+ Packs, etc.

Personally I think people are sleeping on Tension, it is great. Chromaphone(Collision) got some hype, but String Studio(Tension) is a bit underrated IMO.

Analog and Electric used to be underrated in the brostep age, when people only cared about making growl basses in Operator, but after Synthwave, Future Funk and other retro genres, people naturally rediscovered them.
ableton 10 they added max4live as standard

And it is a HUGE improvement, M4L devices load pretty much the same as VSTs now (better in the case of MIDI VSTs). That alone makes upgrading from Suite 9 to Suite 10 worth it.

M4L in 9 was for special occasions, in 10 it is for daily usage.

I now have 7 M4L devices in my Default Set (that loads when Live starts or when starting a new Set). Fast and stable.

Return to “Music Software”