Audiaire Zenith MIDI controller & sequencer

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

Hazza26
Common Wiggler

Audiaire Zenith MIDI controller & sequencer

Post by Hazza26 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:38 am

This is new, looks pretty cool.

https://www.audiaire.com/store/products/zenith/

dpcoffin
Common Wiggler

Post by dpcoffin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:22 pm

Will be MUCH cooler when/if they add MIDI Thru. Right now, you can't put it after a sequencer or other modulator in a MIDI FX stack and get the upstream note or other data through unless you turn it of.

Also, while the controller knobs that the built-in Seq lanes, LFOs and Envs modulate CAN be automated, they can't be MIDI Learned, so you can't mix the mod tricks from other MID FX with those inside Zenith unless your DAW has (like Logic does) some extra tricks to connect modulators to automate-able knobs. Will be even cooler if they add that.

The internal sequencing and the MIDI maps they provide for some synths are definitely cool right now. But this really could be break-thru tool if they let it play well with others.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:50 pm

max msp can do all this midi manipulation already. you can even build a midi merge in max to fix zenith.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

dpcoffin
Common Wiggler

Post by dpcoffin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:00 pm

True, certainly…and it could be tweaked up fine in Bidule, or even Patchwork, too.

Still, Zenith isn't tied to any DAW and with a few simple tweaks could work really well anywhere with lots of saved presets and all its existing native elegance intact, no training wheels nec.

Plus, it's a good current focus point for my ongoing crusade to get MIDI FX makers to add f'ing!!! MIDI Thru to anything they make. SheesH!! Don't these folks even USE these tools!??

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:12 pm

I think if you get in the mindset of a developer, your software is the next big thing. nothing out there is as cool or innovative. why would you need anything else? no developer is going into development thinking "if this plug sucks, we should allow people to integrate with other plugins that are better". this kind of feature inevitably comes from all the big bloggers and plug reviewers complaining and trashing it because it does not have MIDI thru. then the developer jumps into damage control to quickly release the missing feature before sales drop off a cliff. standard business model.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Return to “Music Software”