Maschine MK3 Sampling quality

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

RhythmDroid
Common Wiggler

Maschine MK3 Sampling quality

Post by RhythmDroid » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Have you used the Maschine MK3's hardware inputs for sampling? How does it compare to your main soundcard/interface? Good quality...or just a gimmick?

Any info very welcome!
IG: RhythmDroid

All my eurorack for sale at once: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=224655

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:20 pm

Probably the same as other NI audio interfaces. They are pretty much what you get in that price range. Same as any 2 channel presonus, focusrite, maudio etc...

Most of the time, whatever it is you are recording, it is not a finished stereo mix. My point is that you have a few steps of processing before you print something that needs correcting. I wouldn't worry about it.

However, if you don't have decent studio monitors and a treated room, you will never have a good mix regardless of what else you have. Even if you are the king producer laptop headphone champion.

My opinion of maschine is that it is great if you

1. Produce all your songs inside maschine.

2. Already own komplete or at least kontact.

If you are going to buy maschine and stop then maybe not. You might want to keep your audio interface separate from your midi controller. The one advantage maschine really has is the integration. You can change presets and see the name right there on the controller. This is a huge benefit. It doesn't do any good if you start using other vst, another DAW, or load your own wav files from random folders.

You gotta go all in or not at all. Heaven or hell.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

RhythmDroid
Common Wiggler

Post by RhythmDroid » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Dannnggg! What a response!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write all that. Very helpful!!
I appreciate ya!
IG: RhythmDroid

All my eurorack for sale at once: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=224655

jbuonacc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jbuonacc » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:11 am

EATyourGUITAR wrote:... The one advantage maschine really has is the integration. You can change presets and see the name right there on the controller. This is a huge benefit. It doesn't do any good if you start using other vst, another DAW, or load your own wav files from random folders.

You gotta go all in or not at all. Heaven or hell.
this is completely wrong. have you even used Maschine?

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:07 am

yes, all day long when no one came into the store. I have used everything. haven't touched it in a few years though.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Return to “Music Software”