ableton

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

paparazzi
Learning to Wiggle

ableton

Post by paparazzi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:15 am

Hi folks,
Suddenly, I realized that i can't live without playing a musical instrument :bananaguitar: I was playing guitar for 5 years, but i don't like it very much. My parents made me attend guitar classes, so guitar is good, but still not an instrument of whole my life. I've been wanting to play ableton for a while. The problem is that i don't savvy at them at all. For me all abletons are similar, because the only experience i have with them is watching youtube, and dreaming i'll play like him one day. What ableton do you use? Realy need your help!

jimfowler
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimfowler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:51 pm

Huh?

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Pap, your line of interrogation doesn’t make any sense. What is your question?
Last edited by Kent on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeekPeak
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GeekPeak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Kent wrote:Pap, you line of interrogation doesn’t make any sense. What is your question?
I want to start playing the Ableton controller. I do not understand anything about them and I asked if you know smth and share it with me? I have about $400 for this aim. I hope now it clarified

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:15 am

Why are you writing from a newly created account? Did you lock yourself out of your old one?

If you don’t mind my asking; What is your native language if not English? We might be able to point you to assistance in another language that would make dialog more fluid and ease the transport of ideas.

I use a Maschine controller and old Akai APC40.
Last edited by Kent on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeekPeak
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GeekPeak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:25 am

Kent wrote:Why are you writing from a newly created account? Did you lock yourself out of your old one?

If you don’t mind my asking; What is your native language if not English? We might be able to point you to assistance in another language that would make dialog more fluid and ease the transport of ideas.

I use a Maschinenbau controller and old Akai APC40.
I don't have second account this one is the first account here. I speak korean, i think it's bad idea :D Let's talk in english i need some more practise

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:06 am

I'm one of the moderators here and I'm trying to figure out your intent and what is going on.

You have answered in the first person to both accounts. Your IP addresses match up and I think that you must be using VPN or something. Please define what it is that you want here. We are welcoming of pretty much all tolerant persons but you seem to be evasive with what you want and why you are using two accounts.

GeekPeak
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GeekPeak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:16 am

I forgot the password of the previous one and created new, sorry for that. I didn't try to hide smth from your eyes. I answered from the second acc to ya, with no hidden meaning.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:56 am

Okay, fine. We'll go with that. Thank you for answering directly.

Are you looking for a musical controller for Ableton? If so, look at the Push2.

GeekPeak
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GeekPeak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:20 pm

Push 2 is a good option, but it's expensive. Is there a $500 difference between push 2 and akai, for instance? As i said i'm total newbie here :D
I found a guide for ableton and i like the first and the second models from here:
https://primesound.org/best-ableton-controllers/
They both cost 399$ for each and both well appreciated by amazon customers, if choosing one of them, which one would you buy for yourself?
For me, the only difference is that the second one ableton has stupid name :D

facklr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by facklr » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:11 am

GeekPeak wrote:Is there a $500 difference between push 2 and akai, for instance?
I have had both. Yes, there is a very large difference. 500 worth of difference? Sure.

GeekPeak
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GeekPeak » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:49 am

facklr wrote:
GeekPeak wrote:Is there a $500 difference between push 2 and akai, for instance?
I have had both. Yes, there is a very large difference. 500 worth of difference? Sure.
What is the main difference between them for you? And If you were just starting to play Ableton, which one would you buy?

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:46 am

안녕하세요 GeakPeak

Actually, if you are just starting with Ableton it might be better not to be in a rush to a controller just yet. You can do everything using a mouse and keyboard. Once you start to understand how Ableton works and how you would like to use it, you can look at the features of various controllers and decide what works for you.

I've been using Ableton Live for about 15 years I think and I have used a controller on a few occasions but I've almost always used it without a controller.

Return to “Music Software”