Making Waves Studio

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Making Waves Studio

Post by solipsvs » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:21 am

is anyone a big making waves fan like i am? i find it to be comfortably deep while remaining simple looking and operating and intensely step writing focussed. its super light on the cpu and does midi as well as samples as well as vst. it can use asio drivers. it allows easy to understand automation sequences and curves so you can add complex automation to your plugins. its ultra cheap too. developement has stopped but it doesnt need anything but your ingenuity. theres only a few things it doesnt do imho. i use other stuff too but i find myself going back to making waves because im super comfy with it. it basically shows most things you need on the top level with minimal menus and subwindows, and you can get anywhere from just about anywhere. its quick and precise, with many tricks and utilities. basic and solid.

i personally love to pair it with the free soft sampler ‘short circuit’ or its free sibling ‘surge’ but almost any plugin works very nicely. it is only 32 bit but that doesnt matter to me, it works great with win7-64.

as for midi output for your modular, it works well here. also it can access many audio outputs if you have them.

Making Waves Studio
£39.99
$64.99

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ma ... ves-studio

https://www.makingwavessoftware.com/

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Making Waves Studio

Post by solipsvs » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:36 pm

i have this feeding my copperlan network which is connected to several alyseum ms-812 and several al-88c. i also run the audio out to an audiodamage odio from an xp tablet. i develop a midi sequence complete with automation and then record it to my hardware sequencer for live manipulation, or render a loop to a clip.

Return to “Music Software”