win7 ESU bypass tool!

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

win7 ESU bypass tool!

Post by solipsvs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Re: win7 ESU bypass tool!

Post by solipsvs » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:21 pm

this means security updates for a few more years for win7

snakejaw
Common Wiggler

Post by snakejaw » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Thanks for the info. That could be good news. But on a practical level, couldn't Microsoft just tweak something in this service and cut off cracked accounts from getting further updates? Software companies do this all the time.

I have Windows 7 (SP1) and I'm really comfortable with it for music making. Ableton 9.7 works great. I use Black Box for Win, which simplifies the GUI. Also, there's a lot of weird, wonderful Windows audio software (Usine 5.8, arcDev, energy XT, etc.) that will work on Win 7, but probably not beyond that. I've not found any musical benefit (yet?) from updating from SP1. When I reimage my drive I often just go back to SP1 and leave auto update turned off. I know that from a security standpoint that's unwise.

The option I've been considering is to generally keep Win 7 off the network and use a different platform for my online needs. Probably a laptop with Linux. Since this two platform setup would be for personal use, instead of it being inconvenience, it might be beneficial. Less chance of distraction when making music. Of course, you could just buy a Mac, but that doesn't appeal to me. I use a Mac at work. They're nothing special (sorry Mac folks). I just want my cozy Win 7, when musically mucking at home. I fear I'm getting to be an odd, set-in-my-ways old guy. It was bound to happen... I think I'll lean into it. :hihi:

solipsvs
Wiggling with Experience

Post by solipsvs » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:26 pm

ymmv :party:

im vested in my win7pro installation and dont wish to upgrade especially to win10

Return to “Music Software”