Control Ableton 9

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Bhola
Learning to Wiggle

Control Ableton 9

Post by Bhola » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:53 am

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a way to control Ableton Live 9 from my modular synth !
Not really willing to upgrade to 10 just for CV tools, and I heard of Silent Way but I can't believe there is no free M4L device allowing you to do that ?

The ultimate goal here being taking control of any automations / modulations envelopes in the soft with my rack.
By the way, does anyone know how to map/record modulations in Audio clips envelopes since there not available as MIDI nor KEY mapping ? :hmm:

Thanks a lot for your help !

htor
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Control Ableton 9

Post by htor » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:02 am

to answer your last question:
you can midi/key map track sends, pan, volume and such by pressing on the corresponding controls there during mapping. not sure if you do that per clip, though..

Bhola
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Control Ableton 9

Post by Bhola » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:53 am

htor wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:02 am
to answer your last question:
you can midi/key map track sends, pan, volume and such by pressing on the corresponding controls there during mapping. not sure if you do that per clip, though..
Yes, all the mappable parameters appear in orange or blue once you click MIDI ou KEY mapping. I don't need to do specific mapping per clip though, the question is how do you record a variation on a parameter that is actually available for automation - such as those present on my last screenshot - through the pen or mouse drawing, but that you can't actually map :goo:

Return to “Music Software”