Spectrum Analyzer / Audio Analysis

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

nobody
Learning to Wiggle

Spectrum Analyzer / Audio Analysis

Post by nobody » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:25 am

Happy quarantine everyone.

Im looking for a good, semi pro spectrum analyzer software that will work in real time. Ive seen a lot of freeware ones but hoping for something a little more professional. I would like to be able to do things like visualize the spectrum, have it show what musical notes are are the peaks, possibly see a waveform. I would like to use it for tuning modules, seeing whats happening when Im making patches, looking at frequency output from my guitar, etc. Im tempted to code one up myself but I have enough projects right now. ;)

Thanks in advance.

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Spectrum Analyzer / Audio Analysis

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:07 pm

The Flux Pure Analyzer is smooth and expressive. It also has some special functionality that sets it apart. The spectrum analyzer for example offers peak detection in a customizable frequency-band. It highlights the frequency with the loudest amplitude in the given band. I use this to detect the fundamental of my kicks and bass in the lowest register.

The full version is pretty expensive, but you can get it as part of the Studio Session Pack. Only restrictions are: stereo operation only, up to 96khz, limited layout options, and the plug-in that feeds the (stand-alone) analzyer needs to be on the same computer. The full version can be set on separate computers in a LAN. The Studio Session Pack is often on sale, Black Friday is usually around 70€.

JES
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Spectrum Analyzer / Audio Analysis

Post by JES » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 pm

DMG audio has a great one.

Return to “Music Software”