WaveEdit to Serum?

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

WaveEdit to Serum?

Post by Kummer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello all,

I know it's possible but how exactly do I get WaveEdit tables into Serum?
I AM THAT I AM

Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Re: WaveEdit to Serum?

Post by Kummer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:53 am

No one?
I AM THAT I AM

rjungemann
Ultra Wiggler

Post by rjungemann » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 pm

I haven't used WaveEdit but I've used a few other editors with Serum. Serum likes to have a regular amount of fixed-width waves (by "regular" I'm fairly certain it wants a power-of-two number of waves). Otherwise it tries to auto-detect, and from experience, it gets confused on waves with a lot of high-frequency coontent.

From this forum post:
Yup, "File> Save bank as" .wav file. Copy or import that file to your favorite wavetable synth. You get a wavetable file ("the bank") with 64 waves, one from each wave from 0-63. Each wave is 256 samples long.
My modular (ModularGrid). Check out my new synth-pop album, Umbram.

Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kummer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:40 pm

thanks for the reply.

I have seen on other forums that users have successfully gotten waveedit tables into serum, unfortunately they didn't go into detail. I was just hoping someone on muffs might know how to do it easily.
I AM THAT I AM

rjungemann
Ultra Wiggler

Post by rjungemann » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Export your wav file with several tables, and then drag the wav over one of Serum's waveforms. 3 drop areas will show up, drop it on the one labeled "constant framesize". I have had best luck with 1, 4, 16, 64, or 256 waves, but that might be superstition. I did have trouble loading in some Casio CZ wavetables I made using the other two import methods.

I have made wavetables in Renoise, at the command line, with Max, and with audioterm, but wavetables are just a collection of equally-sized single-cycle waveforms in a wav file.
My modular (ModularGrid). Check out my new synth-pop album, Umbram.

Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kummer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 pm

thanks rjugemann, I've tried every import method on Serum. The problem I keep getting is that Serum is chopping up the waveforms and I would assume as you stated that is because Serum offers more waveform windows than WaveEdit is putting out (64). I was just hoping there was something I was overlooking or a more complex way of importing the wavetable into serum (maybe by telling serum I am only wanting to slice the wave file 64 times). I'll keep experimenting. Have the E352, but I would like to be able to use those wavetables in serum as well. Ableton's own wavetable synth seems to import them just fine for the most part.
I AM THAT I AM

Return to “Music Software”