iPhone iPad APPs....etc.

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:11 am

iPhone 11 is the one with USB C port, right? Then any and every class compliant interface should work. Now there are not many interfaces with USB C, and that's probably the reason why this question is asked again and again.

You will probably need a USB hub with USB A sockets (where you can attach 'any and every class compliant interface'). A USB hub without headphone socket, because the headphone out will be treated as audio card which can override the actual interface you want to use.

But I'm sure there are, or will be, audio interfaces with USB C, although I recommend to use a USB C hub because of its many advantages like external storage.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:21 am

i tested on the line 6 sonic port on the new iphone 11 pro and can confirm it currently does not work. i get silent videos or sometimes the video just stops by itself after a second while recording.

alexander92
Common Wiggler

Post by alexander92 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:47 am

Not a app or iphone or what ever, just a web app, fun as hell though

http://www.errozero.co.uk/acid-machine/

c0ntr4d1ct10n
Common Wiggler

Post by c0ntr4d1ct10n » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Does anyone know if there is any expressive keyboard app that simulates full mpe on the ipad? So far I am using Velocity Keyboard, which detects velocity sensitivity, glide, aftertouch (using finger radius) and slide - the only thing missing I think is Lift (which should just be detecting when the finger leaves the screen). The only thing that I wish this app had is a more traditional keyboard (with long keys) layout, which would be easier to play.

Hazza26
Common Wiggler

Post by Hazza26 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 am

I want to grab an FH-2 and turn my iPad into an 8ch CV generating machine. What are the best apps around for this?

zMors seems like a solid option. MIDI Mod and CV Mod look simple but useful. I also have Lemur. What else is out there?

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:06 pm

MPE keyboard app: Numerical Audio KB-1
Friendly tip: use a search engine and type 'mpe keyboard app ios'.

Note/parameter generators: what kind? There are plenty. With Lemur you're already set. Search for Antonio Bianca templates in the user library. And if that is not enough, I recommend to visit audiob.us and use the search function.

Hazza26
Common Wiggler

Post by Hazza26 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Phil999 wrote:MPE keyboard app: Numerical Audio KB-1
Friendly tip: use a search engine and type 'mpe keyboard app ios'.

Note/parameter generators: what kind? There are plenty. With Lemur you're already set. Search for Antonio Bianca templates in the user library. And if that is not enough, I recommend to visit audiob.us and use the search function.
Thanks for the reply Phil.
Should have clarified, I'm initially looking at continuous data generators (LFOs, multiseg ENVs, S&H, random, combing functions for interesting / unpredictable CV. Not so much notes, although perhaps that will follow. I've got MPE already covered with hardware.
Also connecting to FH-2 via USB, would audiob.us be relevant or is that just a good place to search?
Antonio Bianca stuff I've used, good shout. Haven't done much delving into the Liiine user templates.
Looking for a more tactile version of CV Toolkit I guess.

EDIT: just checked out the Liine premium templates, some really cool stuff.

kinkujin
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkujin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:53 am

many of you know this but I’m sure some don’t ...
Best place for iOS music making is https://forum.audiob.us/

eclectics
Wiggling with Experience

Post by eclectics » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:27 am

Hazza26 wrote:... I also have Lemur. What else is out there?
The rozeta plugins include a 3 channel LFO, and they can modulate each other, and of course as an AU effect you can have many of them. And the rozetta note/trigger sequencers all have random generation, so you can use them for cv.
I've started to use Mozaic which allows midi scripting, so you can make your own midi generators and filter/functions.
Cykle is promising.
There's also Physicle.

Return to “Music Software”