Lemur on ipad?

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

thelizard
in it for the money

Re: jazz mutant lemur vs ipad lemur

Post by thelizard » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:54 pm

Junk Rhythm wrote:
keetz wrote:
chefmalte wrote:
but with the i pad you can only touch 2 functions at a time while the lemur has multi touch(and a pattent on it:))
Is this true?!?

If so, that's a huge disappointment and would definitely deter me from buying the app. That's strictly a limitation of their implementation as obviously the iOS SDK supports multitouch gestures
No, it is not true. I just loaded the Basic Faders template and piped it into MaxMSP. All 8 faders show movement on the iPad screen while the Max Window shows all 8 faders being received over OSC.
Yeah, I had no trouble using 10 fingers. iOS 5.0 features 4-and-5 finger gestures to move between apps, so just turn those off under your iDevice's Settings>General page.

Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

Re: jazz mutant lemur vs ipad lemur

Post by Junk Rhythm » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:09 pm

thelizard wrote:Yeah, I had no trouble using 10 fingers. iOS 5.0 features 4-and-5 finger gestures to move between apps, so just turn those off under your iDevice's Settings>General page.
You will also need to disable this under iOS 4.3.3.

Neither
Common Wiggler

Post by Neither » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:41 am

I'm quite annoyed. I got a iPad and the Lemur app. Now I can't seem to be able to connect it properly to my computer because of Windows 10. The manual says that I should use an ad-hoc connection. However the technology isn't supported anymore:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... rking.html

I'm not sure what to do next? Would setting up a Windows 10 mobile hotspot work? Strange that the Lemur manual doesn't mention at all that ad-hoc networks are deprecated.

stimresp
Common Wiggler

Post by stimresp » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:39 am

Lemur works fine for me on Win 10. Is the Lemur Daemon running?

Have you otherwise connected your iPad to your PC wirelessly?
Have you tried rtp MIDI?

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:26 pm

maybe he means the ad-hoc wireless connection, which indeed could easily be established with Win 7, and more complicated with Win 10. But there are small apps for Win 10 that do the work for you, so in the end it is also very easy to establish an ad-hoc wifi network on Win 10. I'm using an app called Wi-MAN since many years. Run the app, click the start button, and the computer is ready to connect to the Lemur iPad.

Neither
Common Wiggler

Post by Neither » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:38 am

Phil999 wrote:maybe he means the ad-hoc wireless connection, which indeed could easily be established with Win 7, and more complicated with Win 10. But there are small apps for Win 10 that do the work for you, so in the end it is also very easy to establish an ad-hoc wifi network on Win 10. I'm using an app called Wi-MAN since many years. Run the app, click the start button, and the computer is ready to connect to the Lemur iPad.
Yes, I mean the ad-hoc connection. But the solution isn't that simple. Microsoft is forcing device manifacturers to make devices that don't support ad-hoc connections at all. Let me copy paste that link I posted:

Newer adapters no longer support these [ad-hoc] features due to Windows® 10 requirements.

Microsoft has introduced a new driver model for Windows® 10. This model no longer supports Soft AP and IBSS.

All new Wi-Fi devices are required to use this new driver model on machines running Windows® 10.

The following Intel® Wireless Adapters (including future products) must implement this new driver model, and as such can no longer support soft AP and ad-hoc features. They do support the new Windows 10 mobile hotspot feature instead via Wi-Fi Direct:

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200
Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
Intel® Wireless-AC 9462
Intel® Wireless-AC 9461
Intel® Wireless-AC 9260
Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18260
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
Intel® Wireless-N 7265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 pm

I see. Well, then you have to get an old router or an external USB wifi card. I've done that also for Lemur connections. Since many years I maintain, next to the internet wifi network, a separate wifi network (sans internet) for remote control apps, mainly Element-VS for colour correction in Resolve and Capture One, Lemur for Harrison Mixbus, and VLC Pal for VLC. It's also good for streaming from workstation and NAS hard disks (footage preview, tutorials, and occasionally some music).

This spring my old internet router has been replaced with a new one by the provider, so now I have an extra router that I can bring to places without wifi. I can recommend this method, a dedicated router for remote control apps only (in case you use them every day as I do). Aforementioned external wifi card works fine too, static IP address remains stored in Win 10 for repeatable Lemur connections that have to be set up only once.

Return to “Music Software”