Anyone using TC-11 modular touch synth for ipad?

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

jonah
searching for "switch nipples"

Anyone using TC-11 modular touch synth for ipad?

Post by jonah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 pm

They call it "programmable" and the synthesis part isn't super flexible, but the way you can map touch controls to parameters is really taken to another level.

I dunno, if the nord modular thread goes here maybe this should too? It doesn't feel like traditional software to me.

I have to think in a similar manner to building a complex modular patch. I was actually hoping some of the big brains with super complex modulars had some ideas or tips! :) It feels like uncharted territory, which is fun, but confusing for sure!

[video][/video]

Check out the manual:
http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/instruments/tc-11/

I keyword spammed the title because "tc-11" is kind of a shit name especially for searching, hope that's okay.

polyslax
Veteran Wiggler

Post by polyslax » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 am

Interesting, I hadn't seen this one before. Seems highly interactive. Don't think I could seriously strap an iPad on, though. :hihi:

Wish we could demo apps. I don't mind something under $5 that doesn't work out for me, but at $30 I'd like a better sense of how I'd get along with it.
Image Image

rec.Koner
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rec.Koner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:21 pm

i think these two videos should be here:

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

imho, one of the best iOS synths ever. Not just "oh man i'm trying to make minimoog clone with keyboard on your screen" but the really thing that fits it's device.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c) found on gearslutz

my page

Hougaard
Common Wiggler

Post by Hougaard » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:04 pm

I use it a lot. The newest update is very good. Agreed! it is nice to see a synth that fits the device instead of trying to emulate an old classic synth.

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:02 pm

I love it for the flexible way you can route multitouch presses to modulations, lots of power.
What I don like is the anemic synth engine, which is in no way modular as described and there is no simple way to map the touch surface to a scale, you have to se the seq in weird ways to achieve this.

traveler
Common Wiggler

Post by traveler » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm

That guy looks like an absolute chode with the ipad strapped onto him..LOL

secretkillerofnames
Veteran Wiggler

Post by secretkillerofnames » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:06 am

It rulz :sb: And my 16mth old son loves playing it too. Think it IS the best synth my iPad-1 can cope with.

Wavy Davy
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Anyone using TC-11 modular touch synth for ipad?

Post by Wavy Davy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:04 pm

TC-11 is by far my favorite synth app on iOS, and I have a lot of em.
Nothing comes close, and in fact it is in a class by itself.

I have had it for a few months, and the more I play with it the better I like it.
Here is a link to the developers web site.
http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/instruments/

The presets cover a very wide range of sound types, from Buchla, and Serge type sounds, to lush pads, percussive sounds, evolving sounds, sequences, arpeggiations, traditional VA synth sounds, west coast to east coast, and everything in between.
Also great movement in the stereo field.

The important thing to know, is how you can change (modulate) those sounds while you are playing them, and how the patches take great advantage of the many ways to do that, using all the potential of the iPad/iPod/iPhone.

Multitouch, one or more fingers on the iPad, how fast you move your finger(s) across the surface, the distance from the previous touch, where you touch, which direction you slide your finger(s), how much area of finger you put down, motion of the iPad, and so much more, is used to modulate different aspects of the sound.
It is literally in a class by itself.

I like the large number of well made presets so much, it took me a while before I read the owners manual, to see how it works, and learn more about the interface., and the synth engine behind it.
Once again, my mind was blown by how it works, and what is possible with it.
The synth engine is designed from the ground up, to take full advantage of the iPad's Multitouch and motion sensing.
The best I have seen on iOS devices, and nothing like synths that try to imitate traditional hardware synths.

Click on the link to download the owners manual.
http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/inst...-guide-2.0.pdf

Because you don't have to look at it, to play it, I found myself walking through the woods with my iPod touch and headphones, creating lush soundscapes, with one or two hands.
Like no synth experience I've ever had before.

Playing it on my iPad Pro 12.9" is crazy cool too.
Best of all is having it loaded on all three of my i devices, iPad Air 1st gen, iPad Pro 2nd gen, and iPod Touch 5th gen, and having a jam session.

Because it's so portable, I can play at home through my PA speakers, walking around, or on a park bench with the built in speakers, Bluetooth speakers, or headphones.

If you want to try a free version, before buying the full version, check out TC-Performer.
http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/inst.../tc-performer/

rec.Koner
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rec.Koner » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:43 am

Yeah it's almost the only one who continued and advanced further what noise.io started in 2008 (yes I witnessed iOS music app scene from the beginning)
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c) found on gearslutz

my page

igormpc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by igormpc » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:54 am

i really like it --
also tc-data! very happy using it to control supercollider patches! :D

Wavy Davy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wavy Davy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:59 pm

I am starting a thread "For new TC-11 users".
To share any tips/tricks I have learned, and answer questions about anything, that was not obvious from reading the manual.

Return to “Music Software”