Waldorf Nave ipad synth Electro Acoustic sounds

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Waldorf Nave ipad synth Electro Acoustic sounds

Post by amnesia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:04 am

Here are some Eectro- Acoustic sounds I wacked together this morning on the Waldorf Nave.
[video][/video]
[video][/video]

temporubato
Learning to Wiggle

Post by temporubato » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:22 am

Glad you like it!

And happy to see it hear in Muff's realm.

Best
Rolf

pixelmechanic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pixelmechanic » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:37 am

Yup... is great... here's my first patches...

http://soundcloud.com/pixelmechanic/jr-nave-arpeggios

temporubato
Learning to Wiggle

Post by temporubato » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:45 am

You have to excuse myself, but I cannot resist to mention this...

[Ad Mode ON]

Being the developer (Rolf of TempoRubato) who did Nave with Waldorf, I am also in my second personality the guy behind BrokenSilicon which makes the Gainsburg module. The Gainsburg is alongside many other usages the perfect solution for getting headphone output of an iPad into an EuroRack system with low noise and great audio quality:

viewtopic.php?t=80002&start=0&postdays= ... =gainsburg

[Ad Mode OFF]

Ok, I promise not to do further ads here. Shame on me.

poppinger
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by poppinger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:55 am

I've been looking forward to this one! Snagged.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:16 am

temporubato wrote:Glad you like it!

And happy to see it hear in Muff's realm.

Best
Rolf
Hi Rolf

I am really impressed with Nave.
I have used most softsynths and this one really works for me. Nave really allows me to make the sounds I want. I am not so interested in another bass sound etc and the Nave encourages experimentation with all the routing options.

A few things I would like to see

I would like to be able to modulate the wet/dry signal of the FX, like square wave modulating the wet/ dry. Is there a way that you can modulate the reverb level?
Can you modulate the individual Attack Decay Sustain Release or AR? Meaning can I modulate just the decay in an AR likeyou can with a Buchla 281 or Intellijel Quadra?

temporubato
Learning to Wiggle

Post by temporubato » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:22 am

Hi

I hear you well!

All this is on our (much too long) feature request list. After 1.5 yrs development (assuming initially 6 months ;-) we just had to stop and bring it into the wild. We could have easily spent another 6-12 month adding stuff.

But I can assure you that esp. FX param modulation is very high on our list for an upcoming update.

Rolf

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:26 am

brilliant

Really an impressive / unique synth!

machetemirage
Wiggling with Experience

Post by machetemirage » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 am

Incredible synth. Both PPG apps were cumbersome and uninspiring to me, but this synth feels so alive and streamlined! You could use just the OSC section and make an array of incredible sounds with the filter/dist/eq. But of course there's two wave sections and ringmod options, with a speech synth and surgical wavetable editing..... Wow.

+1 for more mod destinations. control over distortion, envelopes and effects would take things to the next level, as if the program wasn't next level enough...

jw112
Common Wiggler

Post by jw112 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am

downloaded it last night and loving it

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 pm

machetemirage wrote:Incredible synth. Both PPG apps were cumbersome and uninspiring to me, but this synth feels so alive and streamlined! You could use just the OSC section and make an array of incredible sounds with the filter/dist/eq. But of course there's two wave sections and ringmod options, with a speech synth and surgical wavetable editing..... Wow.

+1 for more mod destinations. control over distortion, envelopes and effects would take things to the next level, as if the program wasn't next level enough...
+1 on everything you said

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 am

Awesome demos, amnesia!

newgreyarea
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by newgreyarea » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:36 pm

HOLY EFF!! I'm loving this thing!!! So much fun!!
-b

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:56 pm

GovernorSilver wrote:Awesome demos, amnesia!
thanks

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:06 pm

great demos(as always,) Amnesia!

Just grabbed it, seems fantastic, would be great if the Wavetables could also be a modulation source for the filter--or even wavetables for the LFOs.
Also, maybe this exists, just bought it, but a randomize would be great to generate new patches, The MWII had this and got some great results from it.

Excellent work!!! love it!

newgreyarea
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by newgreyarea » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Had it hooked up to the Octatrack this morning. So good! I wish the iPad was more powerful. Running a few synths and Lemur on it would be a nice addition to a hardware setup.

GovernorSilver
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GovernorSilver » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:02 am

Speaking of Octatrack, nice job whoever did this

[video][/video]

Audio Resistance
despair extraordinaire

Post by Audio Resistance » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:16 pm

This is by far the best soft synth I've ever messed with, I love it.
Audio resistance to perceived fascist tendencies

My Music

CJ Miller
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by CJ Miller » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:19 pm

temporubato wrote:All this is on our (much too long) feature request list. After 1.5 yrs development (assuming initially 6 months ;-) we just had to stop and bring it into the wild. We could have easily spent another 6-12 month adding stuff.
Hello Rolf!

Whenever I see and hear an interesting iPad music app, I want to ask the developers about whether they developed it originally on MacOS, and if/why they would/wouldn't consider a compile for MacOS also. So, since we are here, I can finally ask you this question!

Assuming that you developed this on a Mac, do you people consider releasing it also for Mac? What do you see as the reasons for or against this? I know that questions about your development target are probably unusual, but I am always deeply curious about this, if you would care to comment upon it. As a Mac user, I always wonder why we'd target a project to run on a different platform, when it should already run on this one first. Thanks!

temporubato
Learning to Wiggle

Post by temporubato » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi

There will be a VST/AU version later. No promise when exactly, but it will come.

Best
Rolf

CJ Miller wrote:
temporubato wrote:All this is on our (much too long) feature request list. After 1.5 yrs development (assuming initially 6 months ;-) we just had to stop and bring it into the wild. We could have easily spent another 6-12 month adding stuff.
Hello Rolf!

Whenever I see and hear an interesting iPad music app, I want to ask the developers about whether they developed it originally on MacOS, and if/why they would/wouldn't consider a compile for MacOS also. So, since we are here, I can finally ask you this question!

Assuming that you developed this on a Mac, do you people consider releasing it also for Mac? What do you see as the reasons for or against this? I know that questions about your development target are probably unusual, but I am always deeply curious about this, if you would care to comment upon it. As a Mac user, I always wonder why we'd target a project to run on a different platform, when it should already run on this one first. Thanks!

machetemirage
Wiggling with Experience

Post by machetemirage » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:29 pm

2 COOL things

-I just found an oscilloscope function by accident... The manual never said anything about it. If I find out how to open it I will edit this post!!!

-Animoog makes a great companion to this app, in that you can use its path orbit etc. controls to record your own interesting wavetables(as if Nave didn't have enough).

mmp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mmp » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Cool synth! The iPad continues to be a great noise maker.

ben_hex
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ben_hex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Heading straight to the app store, sounds great! Let's hope my old iPad 1 is supported/compatible.

Tifaret
Common Wiggler

Post by Tifaret » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Glad to hear this will be on Mac eventually. Was kinda bummed that (as far as I know?) it's iPad only. Hope it won't be too expensive when it is!

ben_hex
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ben_hex » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:00 am

Tifaret wrote:Glad to hear this will be on Mac eventually. Was kinda bummed that (as far as I know?) it's iPad only. Hope it won't be too expensive when it is!
Is it going to be a plug in?

... I need to get a camera kit and start making more use of my iPad. Some great apps I'm not using as much as I should be.

Return to “Music Software”