disting mk4 firmware announcement thread

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

progendev
Learning to Wiggle

Post by progendev » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Love the new switch algo! Been wanting a simple dual-channel rotator like this for a long time, and don't know of any other examples of this particular kind of switch in Eurorack. It's always 1-> 2 or 2 -> 1.

Also thrilled that the clock can now output 24ppqn. That can make a huge difference with modules like Grids. So many great updates lately!

This switch has the potential to be even more, too! Posted a request in the other Disting firmware thread.

:hail:

automat
Learning to Wiggle

Re: disting mk4 firmware announcement thread

Post by automat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:05 am

Just a quick note: when updating the firmware and Disting doesn't ask for confirmation, it probably means it was unable to read the microSD card. That is exactly what happens if the card is too big (for instance, "64GB" doesn't work. 32GB does).

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:25 am

10th February 2020 - v4.14.1:

* Fixed a problem where the DJ Filter algorithm would output excessive noise in the transition from filtered to unfiltered.
* There have been some under-the-hood enhancements to the SD card playback code. Please watch out for unintended changes of behaviour.

Kattefjaes
Common Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 am

Was part of the under the hood changes something to do with how the samples are prepared for use (reversed or similar)? After the update, I7 was completely unresponsive for a while though the display looked normal. I was flailing around a bit, but after half an hour and a couple of reboots (possibly counter-productively) it came back to life and was perfectly happy and has worked nicely since.

The card contained a single dir with a playlist and about 8-10 short drum samples- and appears to be totally happy now.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:48 am

I wouldn't have expected any changes of behaviour like that. Were you on 4.14 previously?

If you could zip up the whole card and send it to me I'll see if I can repro it.

Kattefjaes
Common Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:02 pm

I was, yes. It was a freak occurrence, and hasn't happened since, which is why I wondered if it was sitting crunching things. I'll certainly zip up the contents for you when I'm next by my rack if it's useful.

(Though only if you want to look for your own curiosity- it's no longer a problem so I don't need help- don't waste the time if doesn't gain you anything.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”