Disting Feature Requests

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

mahler007
Common Wiggler

Post by mahler007 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:08 am

Tboy wrote:There’s been a discussion going on regarding the 2HP burst module, and if such a thing could be implemented for the Disting. I rather like the idea, so I thought I’d paste the link here:

viewtopic.php?t=221635&sid=7e18bb3392d9 ... 883ce4bbba
Yes, I most definitely concur! It would be great if the Disting had a burst generator, or some other type of controllable random gate generator, on board.

mahler007
Common Wiggler

Post by mahler007 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Regarding the F-6 Shift Register Random Quantized CVs algorithm:

Might it be possible to create a version of F6 where the user could customize the scale(s) and the order in which they are numbered?

Currently, if I wish to change the scale/chord within F6, I am musically limited to going +/-1 in the selected scale list, or transposing by a half or whole tone.

Trying to select scales beyond this range (like going from scale #9 to scale #4, for example), or manually transposing more than a whole step makes for less musical transitions, as one frequently has to move through non-chord tones when changing to the new scale.

Thanks for considering if possible!

ldezem
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ldezem » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:46 am

mahler007 wrote:
Tboy wrote:There’s been a discussion going on regarding the 2HP burst module, and if such a thing could be implemented for the Disting. I rather like the idea, so I thought I’d paste the link here:

Yes, I most definitely concur! It would be great if the Disting had a burst generator, or some other type of controllable random gate generator, on board.
I noticed there are requests for a "burst generator" and a "probability skipper" for trigger signals from 2017 onwards. I'm chipping in a request for a "burst generator with a probability skipper algorithm". It would allow users to set a quantity of bursts banged by trigger input and/or a probability of burst. Thank you for a great module!

miqraw
Learning to Wiggle

Post by miqraw » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:29 am

Algorithms with two different sound sources would be ideal. For example, a VCO on the first channel and a wave loop player on the second, wavetable VCO + wave player, wavetable VCO + simple VCO, wave loop player + multisample player ...

The fact is that disting has two outputs, and you can control the parameters via MIDI, for small and cheap systems such as a laptop with a MIDI interface + disting + filter + FX = paradise

If such algorithms are impossible due to the heavy load on the processor, then the second output is better to use to transfer MIDI to CV.
VCO at output A and a sub-oscillator at output B is OK, but the VCO at output A and MIDI to CV (pitch) at output B are better. I think not only for me.

seanrieger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by seanrieger » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:45 am

+1 as well for a loop-able CV recorder.
- File Transfer Protocol | Music as dark as the world we live in.
My main rack on Modulargrid |
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

soon_come
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soon_come » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:50 am

For posterity, adding an official request here for a slew parameter on the F-6 Shift Register Random Quantized CVs. Thanks Os. :guinness:

progendev
Learning to Wiggle

Sweet Switching Suzaphone

Post by progendev » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Love the new switch algo! Been wanting a simple dual-channel rotator like this for a long time, and don't know of any other examples of this particular kind of switch in Eurorack. It's always 1-> 2 or 2 -> 1.

Request! A parameter on the switch algo that allows defining a probability that the switch-initiating Z input will be ignored for a given threshold-crossing event. I.e. probability that it will neglect to actually perform the switch when a change in Z would typically merit doing so.

If switch is in momentary mode (i.e. not the clocked/toggle mode), that probability option + a stackable sending same gate to both Z & X turns this into a Bernoulli gate. (provided the gate is longer than the time it takes the Disting to perform the output re-routing.)

Which of course means that this new Switch algo would also satisfy the requests for a probability skipper! Just mult your gate to both Z & X, patch output A to your drum / envelope / lpg trigger input, and leave both Y & B unpatched.

No CV control over probability, but whatever.... Unless you get MIDI involved... But that's beyond the scope of this request lol.

[Edit - just want to clarify - what I'm talking about should not be confused with the burst generator with probability skipping discussed above. I just want to be able to turn a single Disting into a Bernoulli Gate, no repeating / ratcheting.]

tam_tam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tam_tam » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:06 pm

I thought it would be cool to have like a "Wavetable Pulsar VCO", since the Pulsar vco already uses waveforms from the wavetable file. Don't know if that could work but it would be cool.

miqraw
Learning to Wiggle

Post by miqraw » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:24 am

deleted
Last edited by miqraw on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hzzzu
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hzzzu » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:26 am

Tried to search for it but couldn't find anything. Anyone found a way to do stereo freeze delay (mostly dual 2hp Freez-like functionality) stuff with the disting? I'd love a dedicated freeze & tapestop algorithm!

tam_tam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tam_tam » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 pm

Is it possible to get a phase locked loop algorithm in disting...

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:45 am

Probably. Can you elaborate on how you'd use it?

tam_tam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tam_tam » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:54 pm

I'm pretty poor and new to eurorack and I like exploring everything that's possible and exciting in modular. That's why Disting was the first eurorack module I got to accompany my Behringer Neutron. It allows me to explore so many different types of modules and how they interact with others at a very affordable price.

Also, as a bass player, I heard PLL guitar pedals make some awesome sounds on YouTube. I'd love to explore PLL sounds

nedrush
Common Wiggler

Post by nedrush » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm

miqraw wrote:GRANULAR SAMPLER
really, really must have
I’ve been wondering this myself. Perhaps one input for start position and one input for loop size, fade/window settings on a parameter, no inputs left for sample selection but could also be available on a parameter.

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:15 pm

Has probability logic been requested? Seems like a reasonable feature request.

miqraw
Learning to Wiggle

Post by miqraw » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 am

deleted
Last edited by miqraw on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adaris
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adaris » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Is there a way to set up the phaser to phase shift any input signal 90 degrees? If not I would like to request a feature that lets you do this. Maybe Z could vary the amount of shift, with 90 degrees at Z=0.

Tboy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Tboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am

ldezem wrote:
mahler007 wrote:

I noticed there are requests for a "burst generator" and a "probability skipper" for trigger signals from 2017 onwards. I'm chipping in a request for a "burst generator with a probability skipper algorithm". It would allow users to set a quantity of bursts banged by trigger input and/or a probability of burst. Thank you for a great module!
LOL, I was literally thinking of the same thing just now, after seeing a clip of Ladik’s skipper last week.

tam_tam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tam_tam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:27 pm

It would be nice for the Disting to have a kind of voltage meter algorithm. Where you patch a signal into the input and Disting would display the voltages being produced by that signal.
The outputs can be used as metered voltage sources, specified by parameters.

Maybe there's some extra things you can do with the outputs that would make it even more useful. Thanks for listening
Last edited by tam_tam on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tam_tam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tam_tam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:18 pm

It would be very useful if the B-3 pitch and envelope tracker algorithm would have an input gain parameter, so if you plug a bass guitar into it, you can boost the incoming signal to track better without the need for external hardware.

mrerdat
Common Wiggler

Post by mrerdat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Echoing the post someone made a while back requesting subdirectories for sample folders.

I'm approaching the 99 directory limit pretty fast with all of my samples so this would be super helpful.

viilis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by viilis » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:52 am

Would a footswitch/controller algo be possible? This would allow you to use a passive switch / sustain pedal for creating a gate/trigger (or a z-controlled envelope shape). Something like this:

But without multiples and offsets needed, just the pedal and a disting.

tam_tam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tam_tam » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:09 am

Is it possible to create an algorithm that reproduces the "new foldable Warp circuit" and "Tri-state pulse circuit" of the Intellijel Rubicon 2 VCO. That's my Christmas wish to the wonderful wizard... Oz

Setherian
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Setherian » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:12 pm

How about a sampler function that uses one sample only and have two different adjustable start points?

Naive Teen Idol
Common Wiggler

Post by Naive Teen Idol » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:04 am

Os, would it be possible to create an algorithm that effectively generates multiple whole number ratios that can be used for DX-style FM synthesis?

Precise ratios are key to FM synthesis -- but a little tricky to generate in a modular context.

The Four Quadrant Multiplier does this for the A output tho it's a little janky -- you have to mult a signal to the X and Y inputs (so that it's multiplying 1 X 1) and then adjust the scale on the Disting to *2, *3, etc.

That works pretty well for one FM modulator--it sends the A output as a multiple of X--but the B doesn't really have much use in this context because it's a negative output.

It would be great to have an option to replace the negative multiple for output B with either a fixed scale set in parameters or a scale offset. That way you could have it output, say, a multiple of 3 and 5 and the latter could change as you change Z. This would allow users to generate a complex three operator stack using three oscillators.

You could also have a parameter to replace Y as the multiplier with the input from X -- that would allow you to free up Y for something else, perhaps a second live control for the B scale.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”