FH-2 Power/devices questions

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

Videographics
Common Wiggler

Post by Videographics » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm

os wrote:OK. I should add this to the manual, but just for now:
Awesome. Thanks! I can take it from there.

BTW, if you’re putting this in the manual, for completeness it could help to explain how these map the item numbers users see on the front panel.

There’s also that interface bug when entering lower (<64) Euclidean item values from the front panel.

Videographics
Common Wiggler

Post by Videographics » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:31 pm

After digging in a bit further (and getting a computer involved) I’m even more mystified about the correlation between what gets mapped in the configurator and what shows up in the mapping section on the FH-2 itself. Are mappings made in the configurator supposed to simply fill the next open mapping slot? What happens when you run out of slots?

Also, it seems like the configurator is able to change the preset-based parameters in memory, but those changes only make it to the mappings table and get stored in the saved configurations when they’re entered from the front panel. (I’m still testing this.)

I’ve also discovered the problem mapping Euclidean items below 65 from the front panel is also an issue for MIDI/CV Cmds and MIDI/CV 2. (But the workaround described earlier seems to work for all of them.)

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 am

Are mappings made in the configurator supposed to simply fill the next open mapping slot?
When you send the mappings from the config tool it rewrites the list from scratch each time. Any given mapping won't necessarily stay in the same slot.

When you run out of slots, it just stops adding more mappings.

Videographics
Common Wiggler

Post by Videographics » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Okay, then this should work but it’s not. My new configuration (non-profile) mapping assignments created using the web configurator work fine. It’s just the envelope, Euclidean, and arpeggiator items that don’t generate new mappings when setup using the web configurator; I can only add these items to the mapping table from the front panel.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:43 am

Are you on the latest firmware/config tool?

Videographics
Common Wiggler

Post by Videographics » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:55 am

os wrote:Are you on the latest firmware/config tool?
Yes, the Mac app. Downloaded it the same day I was doing all this testing.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:37 am

It seems to be working for me.

Can you attach a sysex dump of your config, before you attempt to add mappings from the config tool, and then tell me exactly what mapping you're trying to add? Then I can load up the config into the tool and try to do exactly what you're doing.

Videographics
Common Wiggler

Post by Videographics » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:32 am

os wrote:It seems to be working for me.

Can you attach a sysex dump of your config, before you attempt to add mappings from the config tool, and then tell me exactly what mapping you're trying to add? Then I can load up the config into the tool and try to do exactly what you're doing.
I’ll try this but I’m working on some projects so it might take a few days.

Is it that the mapping updates from the configurator tool are not behaving as expected after some mappings are manually entered using the front panel? Have you tried that in particular? Also, are you able to reproduce the problem entering item values below 65 from the front panel?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:20 am

Also, are you able to reproduce the problem entering item values below 65 from the front panel?
Found, fixed.

Videographics
Common Wiggler

Post by Videographics » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm

os wrote:
Also, are you able to reproduce the problem entering item values below 65 from the front panel?
Found, fixed.
:banana: thanks!

thor@thundergod.com
Learning to Wiggle

Re: FH-2 Power/devices questions

Post by thor@thundergod.com » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:21 am

First of all thank you for making a truly awesome and configurable CV-USB Interface. Trying to get iPad to work. Seems I need that Camera Kit which I have ordered. Bigger question: Want to use iPad as a sequencer (Imagine replacing Rene e.g.), parralel to Logic Pro. This would mean iPad would have to be a device not a host, receiving clock from Logic via FH-2, but returning midi signals back to FH-2 and out its CV, Gate Ouptputs.

Perhaps there are better ways with additional hardware, like slaving iPad via Bluetooth or Midi, looking for a stable solution.
Thanks

Thor.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: FH-2 Power/devices questions

Post by os » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:23 am

Maybe one of the iConnectivity devices?

Return to “Expert Sleepers”