Quad Midi Jacks module
Disting Mk4 cabled to two of the Quad MIDI Jacks
I have two Expert Sleepers modules that have MIDI headers. I read a suggestion from Os that a homemade breakout module would be straightforward to build.
I wanted to keep it small, so I used 3.5mm TRS connectors instead of 5-pin MIDI connectors. My homemade module has four jacks in 1U x 8hp.
It turns out there is a standard for 3.5mm TRS MIDI, but the standard didn't happen until after several different companies had several different pin-outs. I chose what I believe is the MMA standard, with MIDI pin 5 to tip, and MIDI pin 4 to ring. Korg and others use this wiring.
Each General CV and Disting Mk4 module has one four-pin MIDI header:
- - Header pin 1 is MIDI out pin 4 (Quad MIDI Jacks gray wire to TRS out ring)
- Header pin 2 is MIDI out pin 5 (Quad MIDI Jacks blue wire to TRS out tip)
- Header pin 3 is MIDI in pin 5 (Quad MIDI Jacks yellow wire to TRS in tip)
- Header pin 4 is MIDI in pin 4 (Quad MIDI Jacks red wire to TRS in ring)
- - Intellijel 1U x 8hp blank cover
- Tensility 54-00081 panel-mount female 3.5mm TRS jack, solder connectors (qty 4)
- Samtec IDSD-04-D-10.00 eight-conductor ribbon cable with 4x2 header, 10" (25 cm) long (qty 2)
- Rapco Horizon MIDI-MINI 3.5mm TRS to 5-pin MIDI cable, 15' (4.5m) long
- Rapco Horizon MIDI-MINI-6 3.5mm TRS to 5-pin MIDI cable, 6' (1.8m) long
MIDI header on General CV
Rapco Horizon TRS-to-MIDI cable