ES-5/ESX-8cv combiner in logic

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

Joey P.
Common Wiggler

ES-5/ESX-8cv combiner in logic

Post by Joey P. » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:13 pm

I've had great success using the ES-5 with a pair of ESX-8gt, an ESX-8cv and an ESX-8md in Ableton for 6 pitch/cv, 8 drum gates plus 8 accents and MIDI clock.

I would like to do the same in Logic, but I don't see much in the way of tutorials. I'm not looking for detailed instructions. I just need to how Logic AUX buses come in to play, which is kind of throwing me off compared to the Ableton setup. If I just knew what type of tracks were involved and what plugins go to which, I think I can figure it out.

Thanks!

Joey P.
Common Wiggler

Re: ES-5/ESX-8cv combiner in logic

Post by Joey P. » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:38 am

Just a bump. Really not getting it in Logic. In Ableton, I can assign multiple MIDI tracks to the ES-5 controller track, so I can have several different MIDI drum each going to it's own ESX-8gt. In Logic, I can only send MIDI to the ESX-8gt from that MIDI instrument track. Same with ESX-8gt combiner. If I put it on the same track as the ES-5, how do I get the triggers and notes to it from multiple MIDI inputs.

Sorry, I really thought I had this stuff with Ableton Live, but it seems Logic doesn't have the flexibility to do what I want.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:11 am

Joey P. wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:38 am
Sorry, I really thought I had this stuff with Ableton Live, but it seems Logic doesn't have the flexibility to do what I want.
I believe this is the case.

Joey P.
Common Wiggler

Post by Joey P. » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 am

Thanks OS. I've found a workaround using Ableton as a MIDI to CV router and sending MIDI from Logic to Ableton over the IAC MIDI driver.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”