ES-8 + ES-6

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

armas_hki
Learning to Wiggle

ES-8 + ES-6

Post by armas_hki » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to extend my four inputs of ES8 with ES6. However, I am not sure does the combination work only with ADAT or is USB connection required as well?

I have RME UFX 2 with two ADAT ports, so could I just put ES6 ADAT out to RME ADAT 2 IN and ES8 IN and OUT to RME ADAT 1 OUT and IN? Or do I need to chain ES6 with ES8 with the expander cable, route ES6 ADAT out to ES8 ADAT IN and ES8 OUT to RME ADAT IN and connect it to Mac USB port?

I could not find this very explicitly explained on the previous post so double-checking here.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: ES-8 + ES-6

Post by os » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:07 am

You certainly need to connect them with the ribbon cable.
I have RME UFX 2 with two ADAT ports, so could I just put ES6 ADAT out to RME ADAT 2 IN and ES8 IN and OUT to RME ADAT 1 OUT and IN?
That should work, though I've never tested such a setup. The normal usage is to put the ES-6 ADAT out into the ES-8 ADAT in, but you can't do that if the ES-8 is being used without USB.

armas_hki
Learning to Wiggle

Re: ES-8 + ES-6

Post by armas_hki » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:29 pm

OK thank you for taking the time to explain. Seems like the most logical way is to do what you say and then use it as an aggregated device with the RME.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”