Connecting ES-8 to Ableton

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

dangerdan92
Learning to Wiggle

Connecting ES-8 to Ableton

Post by dangerdan92 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 pm

I hope someone can help! On Windows 10.

I just started out trying to get sound from my Focusrite 18i20 (3rd Gen) connected to my ES-8 so I could use my eurorack modules to process audio from Ableton, etc. I have the in and out of the ES-8 connected to my interface using a couple of optical cables.

So the lights on the ES-8's trs inputs and outputs are lit up and flashing to whatever audio I have playing (when I select the ES-8 as my Windows or Ableton output device) but there is no sound coming back out of the interface and into my monitors. Am I doing something wrong here to get any sound out of it? Do I need to have my interface set up as the default windows device and somehow route audio through the ES-8?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions (or if this is even possible, it was my assumption that it was!)

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Connecting ES-8 to Ableton

Post by os » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:27 am

If you're using the ES-8 as a standalone ADAT-to-analogue converter, you need to disconnect its USB.

dangerdan92
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Connecting ES-8 to Ableton

Post by dangerdan92 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Thanks, I was able to get sound to the interface at least. Of course it was something simple like that! Still not getting audio to the ES-8 but I'm gonna play around with the settings to see what happens.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”