ES-6 without ES-3 or ES-8 (or other options for CV input)

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

seta666
Common Wiggler

ES-6 without ES-3 or ES-8 (or other options for CV input)

Post by seta666 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Hello,

I would like to add some CV inputs in my set up, I work with ableton suite on windows 10, audio interface is a presonus 1810 with 4 DC coupled outpus I can use but it only has ADAT input , not output. Also would like to use it with VCVrack in stand alone mode. I saw the ES-6 and got pretty excited but..bummer, it does not have it own clock generator.

So my first question is if it is possible to add clock to the ES-6 without the ES-3 as I have no adat output or ES-8 as windows does not work well with more than an audio interface, besides with my 4 DC outputs and SQ1, Mutant brain and 0-coast I have enough cv outs for my needs

Maybe this clock generator could be added in a future hardware revision ? Or could a clock generator be added to this ES-3 conector? If some kind of accessory could be added without needing to take more hp space would be very nice, those clock generator chips do not seem to be too expensive, under 10$

I guess it is not possible to get the clock from the SPDIF out my interface has, at least on the cheap....

I also own Disting MK4, so I guess in the meanwhile I could use that in ES-2 mode and get 2 inputs, but for that I need silent way, right? If I am not confused ES-6 does not need silent way to work.

Regards
Javier

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: ES-6 without ES-3 or ES-8 (or other options for CV input)

Post by os » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am

Correct on all that. You can't use the ES-6 in your setup. The ES-6 doesn't require Silent Way.

You could try the demo of Silent Way with the disting, to see if it meets your needs.

seta666
Common Wiggler

Re: ES-6 without ES-3 or ES-8 (or other options for CV input)

Post by seta666 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 am

Thanks, it seems I will have to use disting mk4 for cv input. I definitely will try silent way and see.
Could a clock generator be added to future ES-6 hardware revisions? For people like me with a DC coupled audio interface and/or midi to cv adapters it would be a nice addition.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”