FHX-8CV dead?

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

thor@thundergod.com
Learning to Wiggle

FHX-8CV dead?

Post by thor@thundergod.com » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:54 am

Just got a 2nd FHX-8CV and can't get it to work, even if I just use that to replace first one. Seems like a bad unit, any ideas what I may be missing?

Thor Jonsson,

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: FHX-8CV dead?

Post by os » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am

Have you checked the jumper settings?

thor@thundergod.com
Learning to Wiggle

Post by thor@thundergod.com » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:55 pm

Yes , I tried to clone the settings on the first one, no action. Doesn't react when I run Test FHX-8CV from FH-2.

Thor.

thor@thundergod.com
Learning to Wiggle

Post by thor@thundergod.com » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:35 am

Got is to work it seems, with a lot of connecting disconnecting, but I do not dare to disconnect now, ever. When I run testing FHX-8CV first one lights up purple, second one counts up the scale in red lights. Sometimes when I wire it up second module doesn't respond to testing, and once I got it to be purple, but that was probably on the same jumper setting. Would help if the LEDs reset after the test is ran. Love these module but might not recommend to my euro-rack friends with high blood pressure, even though there is no competition to these :). Hope my input is of some help to make this even better.

I think the main confusion arises from the fact that graphically the MIDI/CV Converters look the came as output configurators. Also there is no warning if the CV Converters takeover ports that you might be using for a CC# to Midi. I understand UI limitations here, but this is my feedback to you .

Thanks

Thor.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”