FH-2 Bizarre Behavior (Crossposted)

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

Paroxysm01
Learning to Wiggle

FH-2 Bizarre Behavior (Crossposted)

Post by Paroxysm01 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:04 am

I have a problem with the FH-2: I want to dedicate an output on the FH-2 to a mod wheel out, so I can automate knobs on the modular from Ableton midi clip modulation. So far when I draw modulation curves for the mod wheel CC it effects the designated jack on the FH-2, although when I change the pitch of midi notes in Ableton on the same clip it sends a pitch CV on the same jack. Obviously this sucks because it throws off the modulation I want to do, and is just generally impractical. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my setup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: FH-2 Bizarre Behavior (Crossposted)

Post by os » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:02 am

You've mapped CC 1 to output 4, but you've also mapped MIDI/CV 2 to output pitch on output 4. So it's doing exactly what you've asked it to.

What was the purpose of mapping MIDI/CV converters 2 & 4?

Paroxysm01
Learning to Wiggle

Re: FH-2 Bizarre Behavior (Crossposted)

Post by Paroxysm01 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:00 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve figured it out. I was unaware that the “direct control” on the bottom table was separate from the Midi/Cv options on the top table. I had both pitch and mod on the outputs 4 and 8, thinking that the top table enabled the cv, and the bottom table told it how to operate. I now know this is not the case.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”