Does the Disting Mk 4 have a persistent global MIDI clock?

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

chuckleone
Common Wiggler

Does the Disting Mk 4 have a persistent global MIDI clock?

Post by chuckleone » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:14 pm

I'm looking at various modules that can output a MIDI clock that I would like to use to drive another module, a MIDI to CV module so that the second module can be used as a clock divider.

I read in the Mk 4 manual that there are global MIDI settings for channels and enabling MIDI thru, but I'd like to use the Disting Mk4 as a MIDI clock source via the expansion headers on the back of the module while also using algorithms such as the various wav sample players, quantizers, euclidean pattern generators and shift registers.

My question is, does the MIDI clock run independently of the G6 algorithm once things are set or do I need to keep the Disting set to the G6 algorithm for the MIDI clock to be sent to the MIDI output port?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Does the Disting Mk 4 have a persistent global MIDI clock?

Post by os » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:52 am

The MIDI clock only runs in G-6.

I would mention the FH-2 here, which can be a clock master and generate clock divisions, and is a MIDI/CV converter. So it could replace everything you're talking about. It could also simply provide the MIDI clock you're looking for.

chuckleone
Common Wiggler

Re: Does the Disting Mk 4 have a persistent global MIDI clock?

Post by chuckleone » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:17 pm

os wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:52 am
The MIDI clock only runs in G-6.

I would mention the FH-2 here, which can be a clock master and generate clock divisions, and is a MIDI/CV converter. So it could replace everything you're talking about. It could also simply provide the MIDI clock you're looking for.
Thanks for the reply. Holy cow I didn't even know about the FH-2, it looks amazing and seems to do a lot of extra things like act as a USB MIDI host for controllers, can supply euclidean patterns and arpeggios - all of which I could use in my system. I think I'm going to have grab one to replace my Mutant Brain.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”