FH-1: Clock/reset with polyphony

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

tobey_g
Learning to Wiggle

FH-1: Clock/reset with polyphony

Post by tobey_g » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:01 am

I've been trying to setup my FH-1 to do the following:
  • Send clock signal (synced square LFO) from Ableton Live to output 8 (or 7)
  • Send start/stop trigger on output 7 (or 8)
  • Make it possible to play polyphonically/paraphonically with three voices at the same time without it interfering with the clock and start/stop trigger on output 7 and 8
I've managed to send a clock signal using the following MIDI channels, CC and values:
Clocked Speed = ch 3 CC 71, value 64
Square wave = ch 5 CC 103, value 127
Fader level = ch 1 CC 7, value 127
And that works great, so first list item done. What I'm stuck at is how you would also send Live's start/stop to output 7. Preferably it would be great to have them swapped, so that output 7 sends the clock and output 8 sends the start/stop trigger, but that's a detail. By reading the manual, I've found that using CC value 5 I can set up "Trigger on clock start & stop (internal clock or external MIDI clock)". So I think that's what I'm looking for, but I can't really figure out how to use that setting and apply it to a specific output. Would this require additional settings or generating HEX files or is it possible in any other way?

I think that I know how to do the third point on the list, but just to confirm. Have I understood it correctly that this would require some modification of the MIDI Note on/off assignments so that output 7 and 8 in my case is not assigned for channel 15 or 16? And this would require me to generate a HEX file?

I can imagine that these kinds of questions are irritating to answer as similar but not exact issues like this one has been talked about a lot on this forum. But I've managed to somewhat figure out how to send a clocked LFO and how to proceed with assigning MIDI notes for my custom polyphony setup (if my assumption is right), reading through threads here, so sending start/stop to output 7 is the last puzzle piece. :)

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: FH-1: Clock/reset with polyphony

Post by os » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:09 am

You're looking for channel 1, CC 102, value 5. ('Special purpose 0' in the chart in the user manual.)

tobey_g
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tobey_g » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Thank you os, I'll try that!

Are my speculations correct regarding changing the outputs on channel 15 and/or 16 to make room for the clock signal and start/stop?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:37 am

Yes, if you want 3 voice poly then you need to use a configuration script.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”