SW Routing help with Push 2?

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

morbank
Common Wiggler

SW Routing help with Push 2?

Post by morbank » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:03 pm

I’m using Ableton Live 10 with ES-40/ESX-8GT/ESX8CV and a small eurorack system as a 6 voice drum rig. I have a Push 2 controller and would like to integrate the MIDI note and velocity data from the Push 2’s ‘MIDI Note Repeat’ mode into gate and CV via my ESX-8GT and ESX-8CV but I haven’t been able to figure out the routing in Live/SW to get this to work. I have MIDI notes 36 thru 41 routed from 6 instances of SW Trigger into a Live track with an instance of SW ES-4 Controller and a SW Combiner. On the Push 2 I have repeat pads for each of the 6 MIDI notes (36-41) but I don’t understand how to route them to the corresponding ESX-8GT and ESX-8CV outputs. Anyone know how to get this working?

morbank
Common Wiggler

Re: SW Routing help with Push 2?

Post by morbank » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:35 pm

I should mention that with the output of the Push 2 track in Live set to ES-4 and the channel set to “1-SW ES-4 Controller” I do get a gate out of my ESX-8GT each time I press a pad on the Push 2. But if I hold down the pad it only triggers once, even tho I can see there are repeated MIDI notes received at the “Push 2” track in Live. Maybe this is because the note length in the Push 2 is too long? Which would be unfortunate as I don’t believe there is a way to shorten it.

morbank
Common Wiggler

Post by morbank » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Figured this out. For anyone else running into this issue...

I was able to use the “Note Length” MIDI effect in Live to shorten the note length and I am now able to use the retrigger mode in Push 2.

morbank
Common Wiggler

Post by morbank » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Os, how might I route the velocity data from the Push 2 note pads into the ESX-8CV? I thought I would be able to send it to the 6 SW Trigger plugins I am already using for the velocity data from my sequencer but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

morbank
Common Wiggler

Post by morbank » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:08 pm

I was able to get this to work by creating a Live track with the Input set to the "Push 2" and the Output set to ES-4, channel "1-SW ES-4 Controller" for the note data. Then I created 6 tracks (one for each of my drum voices) of SW Trigger (3 thru 8), with each tracks Inputs set to the "Push 2" and the Outputs set to "SW Trigger" (3 thru 8) for velocity data. Is this the best way to set this up?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:30 am

Sounds good. If it works, it works.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”