Incoherent light scheme on ES3/ES5/ESX-8MD : anything to worry about ?

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

lowlou
Learning to Wiggle

Incoherent light scheme on ES3/ES5/ESX-8MD : anything to worry about ?

Post by lowlou » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:16 pm

Hello :)

I'm setting up an Expert Sleepers midi and CV setup in a Doepfer case : 2x ES-3, 1x ES-5 and 3x ESX-8MD. A big chunk of modules that will replace (I hope) my jittery ESI M8U eX and also allow me to control a bunch of Moogerfoogers via CV.

Now I have a little problem : each time I turn the case on, the led on the modules light in a different fashion : sometimes it's static, sometimes led move but there is no logic whatsoever, sometimes logos at the top are litten, sometimes no. Sometimes there is no light at all. Modules will be litten once, and the next time, no... :hmm:

I wonder if this is normal or if it's a sign of a mulfunction somewhere ? :despair:

I'm waiting for an ADAT add on card to install on my aurora soundcard, so I'm not able to send any signal to the ES-3 right now, but nonetheless, beforehand, if someone has seen such behavior on its Expert Sleepers modules and is willing to share his experience, it' will be much welcome. The two ES3 modules are second hand purchases, I believe MK1 version or MK2 (no soldering required to connect the ES5), and I hope they have not been bricked by the user before me.

Any input appreciated !
Louis

lowlou
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Incoherent light scheme on ES3/ES5/ESX-8MD : anything to worry about ?

Post by lowlou » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Ok sorry guys but I decided to contact directly the Expert SLeepers support.

I don't know how to delete the thread.

If an administrator pass by, feel free to delete.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”