ES9 - Can't update firmware

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

djyddan
1-Post Wiggler

ES9 - Can't update firmware

Post by djyddan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:08 am

Hi everyone,

I just received my ES9 and first thing wanted to update the firmware. So I downloaded DreamDFU and v.1.1.1
But when i launch DFU and select the dfu file, it stays stuck at "Searching device".
I tried different USB cables, I got audio out of the module, but can't figure this out.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Just found out that Windows users need to uninstall the driver in order to do a firmware update, if that helps other users !

styledelk
Learning to Wiggle

Re: ES9 - Can't update firmware

Post by styledelk » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:16 am

May as well complain here-- on MacOS Catalina we can't use the firmware updater because it isn't signed. I'll go ahead and update from my Windows laptop for the time being.

Cinna
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Cinna » Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Heyy i just got mine today! Same problem it says searching device... did u found any solution to this?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Sat May 30, 2020 4:13 am

Mac or Windows?

AbundantChoice
Common Wiggler

Post by AbundantChoice » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:38 pm

{DELETED}

Edit: okay, 1 step further in. You don't uninstall the drivers from the drivers page like you would with most devices...you uninstall them by uninstalling the ES driver app thing. That got me through that part of the update.

having separate configs for connected and standalone mode *rules.* It's worth the update.

armandhammer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by armandhammer » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:30 am

I can't figure it out either. I'm on Win 10 (latest updates) and I un-installed the driver using the ExpertSleepers_USBAudio_v4.86.0_2020-07-06_setup.exe and then restarted but the DFU updater still says "Searching Device...". I'm a bit confused because the ES-9 still shows up in Ableton Live (under ASIO), but if I un-installed the driver then it shouldn't be showing up right?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 am

Uninstall via add/remove programs in system settings, like you were uninstalling an app.

armandhammer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by armandhammer » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:48 am

Interesting. I would have never thought to look there since in my mind it's a Device Driver and not a Program + the manual says "uninstall the custom Expert Sleepers audio driver." + running the exe installer (after it's already installed) clearly says that running it again will UN-install it from my system (yet, it does not).

Maybe you can clarify this in the next update of the manual? Also might be useful to note that it's also an option to put a jumper on it and run the DFU program without having to un-install the driver (which is what I ultimately did before I got a notification that you replied with the "uninstall the app" solution).

Return to “Expert Sleepers”