FH-2 and mio10 issue

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

NotHerbert
Common Wiggler

FH-2 and mio10 issue

Post by NotHerbert » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:08 am

Here's my setup:
FH-2 with 1.8.2 firmware (same behavior with 1.7.2 before I updated)
FH-1 connected as expander via USB-C port
FH-2 host port connected to iConnectivity mio10 device port 2
mio10 device port 1 connected to computer

In the config tool (which I downloaded and saved as a file), I can request the version and it comes back just fine, so I know at least some sysex messages are getting through both ways. Also, I can play a sequence in my DAW and see the MIDI notes on the FH-2 screen.
Clicking the "upload from FH-2" button, I see "sent config dump request to FH-2." On the FH-2 screen I see "InitiateSysEx 1 1", but I never see any sysex received in the config tool.
If I try to send a config to the FH-2, I see "sent sysex (4137 bytes)" in the log, and a large hex dump in the 2nd box, but no indication that anything happened on the FH-2, except that it says "A Ch 2 St" at the bottom of the screen. The config doesn't change.

I have successfully configured the FH-2 by connecting it directly to the computer via the USB-C port, but I'd prefer not to have to re-wire everything just to change the config.

Please help. Thanks.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: FH-2 and mio10 issue

Post by os » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:32 am

It seems like this is more a question for iConnectivity. The FH-2 sounds like it's working, but the mio10 is screwing up the sysex.

NotHerbert
Common Wiggler

Post by NotHerbert » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks, I'll ask them.

Monofunk
Common Wiggler

Post by Monofunk » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Check the iConnectivity config software to see if SysEx messages are being filtered.

It's possible that the mio is messing up the SysEx. I've unfortunately experienced this with the mio.

NotHerbert
Common Wiggler

Post by NotHerbert » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I checked in the config to see if anything was filtered. No luck.

I'll post here if iConnectivity has a solution.

Monofunk
Common Wiggler

Post by Monofunk » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:11 pm

Keep us updated I am curious about this.

progendev
Learning to Wiggle

Post by progendev » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:48 am

I also use FH-2 and mio10, great combo. I connect the two via DIN with a breakout expander, but yeah I always connect the USB-C directly to my PC when I use the config tool. (Note that I usually prefer to configure directly on the unit). With your current setup that a particular challenge because the USB C slot is occupied by the FH-1 connection.

If iConnectivity doesn't give a solution for the sysex pass-through, a hardware alternative would be to replace the FH-1 with an FHX-8CV. You could then connect FH-2 directly to PC via USB C without needing to mess with your routing setup in the mio. Just leave the the other USB connected to mio as it is now. And you'd get back 4HP in your case. FHX-8CVs are still easy to find in stock and now's a good time to buy, too. Lots of coronavirus-induced Economic Collapse Sales (sorry, I mean Everything Is Fine Spring Seasonal Sales) going on these days.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”