FH-2 - OP-1 - Squarp pyramid conection problem

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

Schanke
Learning to Wiggle

FH-2 - OP-1 - Squarp pyramid conection problem

Post by Schanke » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi,

I wanted to try to use the FH-2 as a midi host today. So I connected my OP-1 via a USBmini to USBC cable on the USB-C port of the FH-2.
Pyramid was connected via USB A port and USBmini. I setted everything and enabled midi forward from usb a to c and vice versa,
but I wasn't able to get any connection to the OP-1 via the usb C port. Connecting OP-1 to USB A Port worked perfectly.I didn't even get the C letter in the display does this mean the cable (usb-to usbmini) is disfunctional, or am I something getting wrong here?
the manual says midi a and c are equal ind receiving midi messages.(I also read usb a is Host and usb c is a device )

any help appreciated
cheers s

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: FH-2 - OP-1 - Squarp pyramid conection problem

Post by os » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:26 am

The USB C socket on the FH-2 needs to connect to a MIDI host. The OP-1 is not a host, as far as I'm aware.

If you have two devices (OP-1 and Pyramid) you want a USB hub connected to the FH-2's USB A socket.

jzjeanes
1-Post Wiggler

Post by jzjeanes » Thu May 14, 2020 5:18 am

@os I have this exact set up, and I'm wondering whether there is any way to set up the FH-2 to correctly forward USB midi messages from the pyramid to the OP-1?

Both are connected to a hub, plugged into USB A of the FH-2. The outcome I'm after is the Pyramid sequencing outputs on the FH-2 (i.e. midi channels 1–4) *and* the OP-1 (i.e. receiving midi channel 5).

Right now, it seems that the OP-1 is able to control outputs of the FH-2; but there is no communication between the Pyramid and the OP-1.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu May 14, 2020 5:22 am

The only way to get this to work right now would be to use the FH-2's DIN connection for one of the devices.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”