how do I send clock from Digitakt to the Fh-2 then on to Pamelas new workout?

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

bnitehawk1234
Learning to Wiggle

how do I send clock from Digitakt to the Fh-2 then on to Pamelas new workout?

Post by bnitehawk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:36 am

So I have a bit of a conundrum! I would like to clock Pamela's new work out from my digitakt via the usb a port connected to my fh-2. I would like to set up output 1 on the Fh-2 to send a 24 ppqn to the clock input on Pamela's New work out. I read the fh-2 manual and was unable to figure out how to send a clock to an output. Also, I understand that the clock on pam is super stable so ideally I would like to also figure out how to take an output of pam to the x or y input on the fh-2 and send that via Usb a cable to the digitakt. To make things even more complicated lol I have a nifty case by cre8 audio and I am sending midi to it from digitakt to use the midi conversion jacks on the nifty case for 2x CV and gate. I have the usb port on my digitakt connected to the fh-2 and I am using cc messages in the digitakt routed to the outputs on fh-2. have tried also using the cv output on the nifty case which is synced to the digitakt and running that via 1/8 inch to the clock input of pamela and setting it to accept 24 ppqn input. this somewhat works but pam reads this clock as unstable, and the nifty clock does not start/stop pamela. I realize this is incredibly overcomplicated by the nifty case and when I have the cash I plan on building a 7u case with uzues power from tip top audio and possibly just buying the Pam din sync expander and just slaving my digitakt to Pam. Any Ideas, feedback, or just comments pointing out how utterly complicated I have made this are welcome :)

bnitehawk1234
Learning to Wiggle

Re: how do I send clock from Digitakt to the Fh-2 then on to Pamelas new workout?

Post by bnitehawk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:27 am

***update**

I can now send clock and run/stop via the fh-2 to pamelas clock and run/stop inputs. I have the clock source on the fh-2 set to clk: usb A by pressing the small button on the left. this Sets up that output 7 on the fh-2 is clock and output 2 is run/stop. I would like to know how to change the outputs which clock and run/stop are active on. I would like output 1 to be clock and output 2 to be run/stop. I would like to set up 3-8 to be my cc values from the digitakt encoder knobs(I have figured out how to setup midi cc's and send those to the appropriate output, however I cant seem to move clock from output 7 to output 1.) What am I doing wrong/ missing. when I navigate under configuration to mapping and set mapping #1 as follows= target: base clock , output: 1, channel: 0ff.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: how do I send clock from Digitakt to the Fh-2 then on to Pamelas new workout?

Post by os » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:46 am

The easiest way would be to connect the FH-2 to a computer and use the configuration tool.

bnitehawk1234
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bnitehawk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:17 pm

I have done this via Usb C and am able to send a configuration to the fh-2 via web client. My issue is that when I send a clock at 24 ppqn to output 1 and then take this output to the clock in on Pamela's new work out I get my bpm sent correctly but it states that the clock is unstable. I have pams clock set to recognize 24 ppqn. I do not know how to send a din sync like clock which outputs clock and run via outputs 1 and 2 to Pamela's clock and run jacks. I have tried setting output 2 to a run/stop, run/continues/stop and all of the other configurations options for run. I am receiving clock via usb a from my digitakt to the Fh-2 and attempting to pass Clock and run/stop outputs, separately to Pamela's new work out.

***ALSO***

with the default configuration on the fh-2 output 7 acts as clock and output 8 acts as stop/start. this configuration works with Pamela no problem. I would like to move this functionality over to input 1 for clock and input 2 run/stop. Can you tell me what steps I need to take in the web editor to replicate this behavior on outputs 1 and 2???

other then this slight hiccup, I am loving FH-2 as a direct control for cc messages from my digitakt to outputs and then on to my modules. I just need to get Pam to play nice with fh-2 outputs 1 and 2. Sorry if this is confusing!

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:37 am

By default FH-2 output 1 is set to ±5V and output 7 is set to 0-10V. Could that be the difference you're experiencing?

Return to “Expert Sleepers”