ASV modifications

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

oozitron
solder fume huffer

ASV modifications

Post by oozitron » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:36 pm

I have two things I want to try altering on the ASV. Would love to have verification that I'm on the right track :-)

1) Instead of the LFO modding the freq of *both* VCO 1 & 2, I would like it to *only* mod the freq of VCO 2. It appears that I can just leave out R67 on the Main Board to accomplish this. Sound reasonable?

2) I want to add a VCF mod jack (in addition to existing VCF mod paths) for external voltages in the range [0 to +5 volts]. It looks like I can connect this input to a resistor and then that resistor to Pin 2 of IC U4 on the Pot Board. For use with a [0 to +5v] input, what resistor value would you suggest?

thanks so much,
Andrew
Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: ASV modifications

Post by Synthbuilder » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:26 am

oozitron wrote:...I would like it to *only* mod the freq of VCO 2. It appears that I can just leave out R67 on the Main Board to accomplish this.
Correct.
I want to add a VCF mod jack (in addition to existing VCF mod paths) for external voltages in the range [0 to +5 volts]. It looks like I can connect this input to a resistor and then that resistor to Pin 2 of IC U4 on the Pot Board. For use with a [0 to +5v] input, what resistor value would you suggest?
100K would give you a five octave sweep range with 5V, but you may wish to try something more sensitive, say, 68K.

Tony

oozitron
solder fume huffer

Post by oozitron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Thanks Tony!

I really like the sound of an LFO sweeping the VCO in Sync mode (as opposed to using an envelope). I think it will sound especially good in poly mode, with each voice's LFO speed and sweep amount slightly different.

Andrew
Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”