A new Oakley Sequencer project?

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

Pav
Wiggling with Experience

Re: A new Oakley Sequencer project?

Post by Pav » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:43 pm

To be honest I still haven't got my head around the leave mode. I tend to use it as a creator of happy accidents. Often I'm not sure what to expect when I hit load on the fly during a set
When You say you are hitting load on the fly - you too are presetting the load on/leave/load off switch then hitting load yes?

I was hoping to only flick an individual stages Load On/Leave/Load off switch on the fly whilst sequence is running
without needing an explicit Load. If you think the preload on position should help me achieve this - then i still have an issue.

Back in manual mode, if (with a LoadOn selected) I I hit Load with the preload switch set off, the preload led stays stays on
until i hit load again or shift. Now shouldnt that onl;y occur when preload switch is on ?

Just too illogical for me. :hmm:
Thanks for the time as always.
rgds Pav

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: A new Oakley Sequencer project?

Post by Synthbuilder » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 am

Pav wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:43 pm
I was hoping to only flick an individual stages Load On/Leave/Load off switch on the fly whilst sequence is running without needing an explicit Load.
No you can't do that. The load command always needs to be given to load in a state of a given step. This was considered the best way of doing it since setting up the switches on multiple steps takes time and can cause glitches within a sequence. It's also what people were used to with the popular Klee sequencer. The system therefore allows you to set up the sequence and hit load to instigate that new sequence. This is very useful if you have a clock divider module sending out pulses to load your new sequence every nth clock pulse.

However, an expansion module to the sequencer was planned that will allow just what you are looking for. Each individual stage can be set on or off asynchronously, ie. in real time with no load pulse. When or if that expansion module will arrive is not known as yet.
the preload led stays stays on until i hit load again or shift. Now shouldnt that onl;y occur when preload switch is on ?
The preload LED shows the status of the internal preload signal, which can be set or reset irrespective of the 'load on shift' status. The interesting thing about this is if the preload state is on and the 'load on shift' switch is changed then this can result in different things happening on the next shift.

I did think about disabling the preload latch when the switch was up (off) but this added considerable circuitry to the pot/switch board.

Tony

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”