Shape cv with dual VCA and SVF?

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

Paradigm X
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Shape cv with dual VCA and SVF?

Post by Paradigm X » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi

Didnt want to clog up your asv thread but id love to know how you can make a variable shape cv using those two modules. that would be so cool. so i could use a sequencer to have a different shape per step? thats amazing.

thanks so much, Ben

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Shape cv with dual VCA and SVF?

Post by Synthbuilder » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:26 am

Try this. I think this should work.

Take the LP output of the SVF to IN1 on the DVCA. Take the HP output of the SVF to IN2 of the DVCA. Turn the GAIN1 and the GAIN2 on the DVCA to their mid points. If you have a DVCA-X then set both VCA channels to LIN. The OUT2/MIX socket on the DVCA is your new SVF shape output. Right now, you will be hearing the same sort of sound as the NOTCH output on the SVF, that is, the mid point of the shape control on the ASV.

Patch both CV1 and CV2 inputs of the DVCA to a mult to connect them together. Set the CV1 pot on the DVCA fully anti-clockwise, and set CV2 fully clockwise. The mult can now be connected to your CV source that you wish to control the SVF's new shape function. Positive CVs should make the sound tend towards HP, and negative CVs should make it go towards the LP. You can reverse this simply by swapping the positions of the two CV controls on the DVCA.

Tony

Paradigm X
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paradigm X » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Awesome, thanks so much for that ! ill give it a try tonight.

I currently use my dvca as an output module, criminally underused as a volume control, so will definitely have to get the ouput module when i get paid.

Many thanks, Ben

Paradigm X
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paradigm X » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 pm

well it works wonderfully, thank you again! having all sorts of fun with this. i really liked morphing between lp and bp instead of hp but all variants are great. thanks again!

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Synthbuilder » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:00 am

:tu:

And like I said nearly 20 years ago...

:vcas:

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”