DLF and MOSPhaser success...

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

diode_destroyer
Common Wiggler

DLF and MOSPhaser success...

Post by diode_destroyer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Took me about 8 months or so, but finally finished these! I would recommend using short bat switches for them though as space for knob turning is tight; I used these: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Da ... d8KURHU%2F. Also on the MOSPhaser I hooked the bi-color (red,green) led up opposite the suggested way as I thought having the led light green as it sweeps up in freq and red for down is more in accordance with the doppler shift :boba:. Love the modules. Thanks Tony!
DLF_MOSPhaser.png

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: DLF and MOSPhaser success...

Post by Synthbuilder » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:41 am

Always nice to see finished modules. :tu:

And I'll add the switch information to the next update of the parts guide. They look like the very same ones as Thonk sells that I currently recommend but I didn't know their full part number until now.

The red/green thing is something I struggled with for a while. If you think in terms of traffic lights and stop/go you tend towards the idea that red is slowing and green accelerating. But red is also universally used to represent positive voltages. Argh... In the end the engineer in me won out and I use red for positive and green for negative, but it still doesn't sit well.

BWBKc6VyUr
Common Wiggler

Post by BWBKc6VyUr » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:54 am

MOSPhaser's on my "to build" list, thanks for the tips!
WTB:
LS1lightstrip, Stepper Acid, TipTop stackable cables

FS:
Antumbra 6MIX - £75 + shipping

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:17 am

Synthbuilder wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:41 am
The red/green thing is something I struggled with for a while. If you think in terms of traffic lights and stop/go you tend towards the idea that red is slowing and green accelerating. But red is also universally used to represent positive voltages. Argh... In the end the engineer in me won out and I use red for positive and green for negative, but it still doesn't sit well.
I never asked but also struggled with it and guessed there had to be a technical explaination for this. Great to finally get bit of insight on this. My spontaneous reaction now was that negative should be blue then - you know, like with temperature... :hmm:

diode_destroyer
Common Wiggler

Post by diode_destroyer » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 am

Leverkusen wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:17 am
... My spontaneous reaction now was that negative should be blue then - you know, like with temperature... :hmm:
Actually blue stars (or any black-body type radiation things) are the hottest, and red is cooler... :coffee-cheers: All 6 in 1, 0.5*(bakers dozen - 1) in the other I guess though... I do want to find a red/blue bi-color led for it though, as I think blue LEDs are nicer than green ones.

Also it took me a long long time to work out that the MOSPhaser is based on the ehy naughty stone, and I still can't figure out how the CD4009 works here. Good times.
Last edited by diode_destroyer on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:37 am

diode_destroyer wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 am
Leverkusen wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:17 am
... My spontaneous reaction now was that negative should be blue then - you know, like with temperature... :hmm:
Actually blue stars (or any black-body type radiation things) are the hottest, and red is cooler... :coffee-cheers: All 6 in 1, 0.5*(bakers dozen - 1) in the other I guess though... I do want to find a red/blue bi-color led for it though, as I think blue LEDs are nicer than green ones.

I am not very familiar with astrology but ist seems that stars are quite different from water taps then...what a strange world we live in. Apart from that I agree that blue LED's fit better with aluminium panels. Perhaps because metal is just as cool as blue is, kind of. The same with jazz by the way... 8-)

BWBKc6VyUr
Common Wiggler

Post by BWBKc6VyUr » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:39 am

I like the Happy Nerding 3xMIA convention which uses blue for minus and green for plus. Seeing blue instead of red sort of changes my expectation about what each colour means.
WTB:
LS1lightstrip, Stepper Acid, TipTop stackable cables

FS:
Antumbra 6MIX - £75 + shipping

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”