.COM question

Discussion and support for STG Soundlabs modules of all formats.

Moderators: Kent, suitandtieguy

RKW
Common Wiggler

.COM question

Post by RKW » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 pm

I have a .COM which allows only minimal variations of the treshold setting (approx. between 10:30 and 1 o'clock). if I turn the knob further clock- or anti-clockwise there is no sound (pulse wave too thin I guess). why this? maybe because the input signal (output of a osc303) is too quiet? would amplifying it help?

thanks in advance.

diophantine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by diophantine » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 pm

What are you feeding it from the osc303? It sounds like the peak-to-peak voltage might be low.

The threshold pot goes from -5V to +5V. So, when your incoming signal is greater than the threshold, the output will be high. And when it is lower than the threshold, the output will be low.

If your osc303 signal is, say, a 4V point-to-point (-2V to +2V) pulse, and your threshold is set about 2V, your output will always be low. In either case: no sound from the outputs. If the threshold knob is at the centre position, and you are sending it a pulse, the top (comparator) output should be the same as the input.

Do you have a DMM or oscilloscope to check the signals?

RKW
Common Wiggler

Post by RKW » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 am

diophantine wrote: If your osc303 signal is, say, a 4V point-to-point (-2V to +2V) pulse, and your threshold is set about 2V, your output will always be low. In either case: no sound from the outputs. If the threshold knob is at the centre position, and you are sending it a pulse, the top (comparator) output should be the same as the input.

Do you have a DMM or oscilloscope to check the signals?
ok, I get it now.
no, nothing to measure at hand. but I know the oscillator's output is very low, so that should be the reason. I'll buy a gozinta and it will all be fine.
thanks!

Kolob
Common Wiggler

Post by Kolob » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:24 am

I'm having the same problem. Not much range when turning the knob

suitandtieguy
Hammond King

Post by suitandtieguy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 am

The range of the knob depends on what level the osc is feeding it.
http://suitandtieguy.com
http://stgsoundlabs.com
suboptimal wrote:... if it's music you want to make with your modular, STG should be in your system.

Return to “STG Soundlabs”